Making the Speaking Business More Customer Focused

  • Generic selectors
    Exact matches only
    Search in title
    Search in content

About The Sweeney Agency

Great Advice

When we first started this Agency we received some powerful advice from Tim Sanders, formerly of Yahoo! This is what he said:

“Don’t think about sales or closing deals, just position yourself so that whenever you can help someone you help them. 20% of the people will take your help and you will probably never hear from them again. But that won’t matter, because the other 80% will remember you, and how you helped them. That connection will create such great relationships with those clients, that not only will you build a great business – you will build a great life.”

We have followed that advice from the very day we heard it, and the results have been remarkable.

Who we are

The Sweeney Agency was founded in 2003 by Derek Sweeney, a speaking industry veteran, who saw the need for a client-focused speakers bureau that put the needs of the client first.

The Sweeney Agency was founded on the premise that we serve our client’s needs above all else.

When we opened our door 20 years ago, we made the decision to forego exclusive deals with speakers.

This means that we find the right speaker for our clients, rather than finding a client for our speakers.

From the day he opened his doors to today, that promise has been the cornerstone of The Sweeney Agency.

With over 25 years of experience in the industry, The Sweeney Agency serves Fortune 500 companies around the world, helping them to find the perfect keynote speakers for their events.

Unparalleled personal customer service is the hallmark of The Sweeney Agency.

The Sweeney Agency always goes above and beyond to find us the perfect speakers for our events.
Looking for speakers is not always an easy task and I do not work with anyone but the team at The Sweeney Agency for my conference or event needs.
They always make sure to understand your needs. They care about the success of our event, not only about money, they are true partners to their clients.
-Events Manager, ISAAC

Our Promise

At The Sweeney Agency, we abide by a set of standards to meet our clients’ objectives and expectations of the Keynote Speaker they book:

  • Our clients are our #1 priority
  • We have been widely praised for our ability to ask the right questions to understand our clients’ event goals. That allows us to do the research, identify options and find solutions.
  • We deliver a customized proposal containing a list of speakers that are able to deliver on pertinent topics and the objectives on hand.
  • Our agents are sensitive to every nuance and are able to offer a rationale as to why a particular speaker is the right one for a specific client’s needs & event.
  • We do not rest on our laurels; if we don’t get it right initially, we go back to the drawing board, work with the client to clarify objectives further, and come up with more ideas to guarantee an excellent fit.
  • We hold our speakers to the highest standards of delivery, ensuring that they capture the minds—and hearts—of our clients and their audiences.

Trust by These Clients

Here’s why our clients come back to us year after year:

Our mission is to find great speakers for YOUR events.

The Sweeney Agency is a leading speakers bureau with more than 20 years of experience finding inspiring speakers for our clients. We have built our business based on these three commitments.

  • To take the time to truly understand you, our clients and your Speaker requests.
  • To deliver world class customer service at every stage of the process.
  • To find incredible Speakers for your events.

Our exceptional customer service puts YOU, the client who books the Speaker, first. Always.

More about us:

  • The Sweeney Agency is a trusted partner of Fortune 500 clients.
  • Global Network: we work on live & virtual events around the world.
  • We have access to data & reviews on over 16,000 keynote speakers.
  • On our Website you will find over 500 of the highest rated speakers covering 30 of the most requested topics including Leadership, Motivation, and Innovation.

Proud member of

The Sweeney Agency always goes above and beyond to find us the perfect speakers for our events.
Looking for speakers is not always an easy task and I do not work with anyone but the team at The Sweeney Agency for my conference or event needs.
They always make sure to understand your needs. They care about the success of our event, not only about money, they are true partners to their clients.
-President, JDFOCUS LLC

Let us help find your next great speaker