About Ram Charan - Highly Acclaimed Business and Leadership Speaker and Advisor:
Ram Charan is a world-renowned business advisor, author and speaker who has spent more than 35 years working with many top companies, CEOs and boards of our time. Through keen observation, analysis and strategies - he forms powerful insights that help business leaders face their toughest challenges in the areas of growth, talent development, corporate governance - and profitability. He is known for cutting through the complexity of management in today's fast changing environment - to uncover the core business problem.
Ram has worked with top companies including GE, MeadWestvaco, Bank of America, DuPont, Novartis, EMC, 3M, Verizon, Aditya Birla Group, Tata Group, GMR, Max Group, Yildiz Holdings, and Grupo RBS. His real-world solutions, shared with millions through his books and articles in top business publications, have been praised for being practical, relevant and highly actionable - the kind of advice you can use Monday morning.
Ram's introduction to business came early while working in the family shoe shop in a small town in northern India, where he was raised. He earned an engineering degree in India - and soon after took a job in Australia. When his talent for business was discovered, Ram was encouraged to develop it. He earned MBA and doctorate degrees from Harvard Business School, where he graduated with high distinction - and was a Baker Scholar, then served on the faculties of Harvard Business School and Northwestern University before pursuing consulting full time.
Ram's work takes him around the globe non-stop and gives him an unparalleled, up-to-date insider view of how economies and leading companies operate. His timely concrete advice is a powerful tool in navigating today's uncertain business climate. Former Chairman of GE Jack Welch says Ram
has the rare ability to distill meaningful from meaningless and transfer it in a quiet, effective way without destroying confidences, while Ivan Seidenberg, the former CEO of Verizon, calls Ram his
Ram has coached more than a dozen leaders who went on to become CEOs. He reaches many more up-and-coming business leaders through in-house executive education programs. His energetic, interactive teaching style has won him several awards, including the Bell Ringer award at GE's famous Crotonville Institute and Best Teacher award at Northwestern. He was among BusinessWeek's top ten resources for in-house executive development programs.
He has authored more than 19 books since 1998 that have sold over 2 million copies in more than a dozen languages. Execution, which he co-authored with former Honeywell CEO Larry Bossidy in 2002, was a #1 Wall Street Journal best-seller - and spent more than 150 weeks on the New York Times best-seller list. He also has written for publications including Harvard Business Review, Fortune, BusinessWeek, Time, Chief Executive and USA TODAY.
Ram was elected a Distinguished Fellow of the National Academy of Human Resources - and has served on the Blue Ribbon Commission on Corporate Governance. He has served on the boards of Hindalco in India, Emaar, Austin Industries, Tyco Electronics, and Fischer and Porter. His latest book, The Amazon Management System: The Ultimate Digital Business Engine That Creates Extraordinary Value for Both Customers and Shareholders (Ideapress Publishing, December 10, 2019), discusses Amazon’s management system - and why its trillion-dollar success is the envy of everyone, but achievable by anyone.
- The profound shift in economic power that is underway and the opportunities it presents
- How to formulate a clear-headed strategic response to new kinds of global competition
- What resources, skills and talent will be needed to respond to the global tilt
- How to reorient the organization's psychology and decision making
- Specific companies in the North and the South that are succeeding in today's challenging environment
- Recognition that execution cannot be delegated
- Insight into how companies like Wal-Mart, Dell, and GE use execution to out-compete
- The framework of flawless execution
- Tools to develop the discipline of execution
- Ability to use a robust, reality-based process for thinking about business in an integrated way
- Understand if the business isn't growing sustainably and profitably, it's dying
- Learn how to fund growth, the corporate mindset required to grow, and the factors that must be considered to achieve balanced growth
- Grasp a method of looking rationally at the risks involved in growth
- Insight into how world-class companies find and nurture leadership talent
- Understanding of why intimacy with your talent and a repetitive rhythm of reviews are the foundation for creating a steady, self-renewing stream of leaders for all levels of an organization
- Recognition that while financial results, market share, brand and legacy products all have a half-life that seems to grow shorter by the year, talent is the only competency that endures
- Ability to pinpoint and build an individual's leadership strengths
- Specific guidelines for assessing and improving your company's talent mastery capabilities
is the world's best and perhaps only way to win in the face of fast commoditization.Using examples such as Procter & Gamble, Honeywell, Nokia, LEGO, GE, HP and DuPont, all of which harnessed the power of innovation, Charan offers both an instructive and inspiring look at transforming today's companies and remaining profitable in the face of economic uncertainty. The audience will gain:
- How to put the customer at the center of innovation
- The building blocks of innovation
- How to view innovation as a social process
- Insight into reducing the risk of innovation failure
- The knowledge to become a leader in innovation
the most influential consultant alive- a reputation earned through more than 30 years of wise counsel to top business leaders around the globe. Charan has a unique perspective on how great leaders differ from the rest. He breaks through the facade of leadership to explain the capabilities leaders must possess, how to build a leadership-driven company, how to lead in economic uncertainty, how to develop and grow your own leadership capability, and finally, how to plan for smooth succession. The audience will gain:
- Insight into what those teaching leadership tend to miss
- Knowledge of when and how personality matters
- Insight into how to build a pipeline of leaders who deliver
- Understanding of how a company can develop leadership at each level of the organization
- Ability to implement the
Apprenticeship Modelto grow new leaders
- Ability to get deeper and richer knowledge of your customers' need and process for making purchase decisions
- Insight into how to help our customer improve margins and drive revenue growth
- Knowledge of how to connect sales with other key functions, such as finance and manufacturing
- Insight into how to design new, customized offerings
- Understanding of how to de-emphasize price in the selling process
Ram Charan is a wise counselor and keen observer on the front lines of the American board revolution.
For more information about this speaker:
Call toll-free on 1-866-727-7555
Or, email your request.