About Warren Macdonald - Inspirational Speaker and Expert on Change:
Warren Macdonald's inspirational story and powerful message deliver life-changing instruction on not only navigating, but embracing change - with focus, energy and confidence. His life's boundaries were redefined in April 1997 with his accident on North Queensland's Hinchinbrook Island in Australia. Climbing to the Island's tallest peak, Warren became trapped beneath a one-ton slab boulder in a freak rock fall. Two days later he was rescued, only to undergo the amputation of both legs at mid thigh.
Just ten months later, Warren climbed Tasmania's Cradle Mountain using a modified wheelchair - and the seat of his pants. In February 2003, he became the first double above-knee amputee to reach the summit of Africa's tallest peak, Mt Kilimanjaro (19,222ft) - and more recently, in a spectacular effort requiring more than 2,800 pull-ups over 4 days, created history once again in an ascent of America's tallest cliff face, El Capitan. He is also the only above-knee amputee to make an ascent of Canada's landmark frozen waterfall - the 600 ft
Weeping Wall in Alberta.
Warren's first book, A Test of Will is an Australian best-seller - and subject of the
Trapped under a Boulder episode of the Discovery Channel series I Shouldn't Be Alive. His film documenting the epic four-week journey to Federation Peak, Australia's most challenging mountain summit, The Second Step has been acclaimed worldwide - screening on National Geographic Television and winning eight international awards including Grand Prize at the prestigious Banff Mountain Film Festival.
Warren has appeared on numerous news and current affairs programs, including Larry King Live, The Oprah Winfrey Show - and The Hour with George Stroumboulopoulos.
change is constant,
the only certainty in life is change,
change or perish.We all know it - what we need is for someone to show us how to deal with it. Warren's Challenge of Change presentation will help your group realize that challenges brought on by change hold endless opportunities for innovation - and personal and professional growth. That it is possible to not just survive, but to thrive despite adversity.This presentation is designed to provide you with four outcomes:
- The ability to recognize and breakthrough mental barriers to change
- Tools to turn change and challenge into catalysts - for both business and personal growth
- A powerful shift in thinking that will put challenges into perspective
- A mindset that seeks solutions and opportunities
- Reinforced understanding of the power of purpose - i.e.: when we have purpose, we have an edge
- The ability to see obstacles as stepping stones towards our goals
- A clear understanding of the importance of preparation in reaching your goals
game overscenario. Outcomes include:
- The resilience and ability to adapt to the new economy
- A sense of responsibility leading to ownership - and engagement
- Excitement and hope - instead of fear for the future
For those facing hurdles that seem insurmountable - Warren will be the key that opens the door to what is possible when you confront challenges.
Alberta Envirofuels Inc.
For more information about this speaker:
Call toll-free on 1-866-727-7555
Or, email your request.