About Vernice “FlyGirl” Armour - First African American Female Combat Pilot and Motivational Speaker:
Leveraging her “Breakthrough Mentality” and “Get Gutsy” mindset, Vernice “FlyGirl” Armour propelled herself from beat cop to combat pilot in a record-breaking three years - and became America’s first African American Female Combat Pilot. As featured on CNN, MSNBC, The View, FOX News, Oprah Winfrey and others - FlyGirl’s fresh, edgy style, high, contagious energy and unique, gutsy essence jump off the stage, page and screen and moves people to action. Since 2007, she has inspired countless leaders, organizations and individuals to make gutsy moves, enhance performance - and create breakthrough results.
Commanding corporate, STEM-centric and female executive and entrepreneur audiences across the globe - FlyGirl’s most requested keynotes, Zero to Breakthrough™, One Mission, One Goal, One Team™ and Get Gutsy. Live Gutsy!™ - deliver messages that resonate: “You have permission to Engage;” “Take off from where you are;” “We win or lose together;” and “In order to succeed you gotta ‘Get Gutsy!"
A Tennessee native and graduate of Middle Tennessee State University, FlyGirl holds two honourary doctorates, was a Diversity Liaison Officer to the Pentagon for Headquarters Marine Corps - and is a member of the COMCAST/NBCUniversal Joint Diversity Council. She has received numerous awards as a pioneering pilot, to include her commanding role in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM). She was the Marine Corps’ first African American Female pilot, first African American woman on the Nashville Police Department’s motorcycle squad, a Camp Pendleton Female Athlete of the Year and two-time titleholder in their Strongest Warrior Competition - and a running back for the women’s pro football team, the San Diego ‘Sunfire.’
FlyGirl’s first signature book - Zero to Breakthrough™ was released in 2011.
FlyGirl is married and resides in the Atlanta, GA area. In 2015, she gave birth to “FlyBaby,” her gutsiest move yet!
- Harness the power of a ‘breakthrough mentality’ mindset
- Lead through mentorship
- Leverage functional and individual diversity as a strategic advantage
- Create breakthroughs for their teams with five simple steps
- Infuse passion in your life professionally and personally!
- Recognize and utilize the skills and talents of everyone around you
- Lead a Zero to Breakthrough™ life - with a ‘breakthrough mentality’ as the foundation
- Unleash your full potential no matter where you are personally starting from
- How passion, purpose & positive steps create breakthrough results - and shape your destiny
- The tangibility of possibility
- Delay is not denial - and to retreat does not mean defeat
- How to ignite your spark - and make your dreams a reality!
- Know your people and harness the power, skills and talents of the team
- Unleash the full potential of diversity to impact the bottom line
- Effectively tap into the power of the Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Teach everyone to be an ambassador for diversity
- Create a culture that values and respects all team members - one mission, one goal, one team!
I was so inspired, I hit the ground running with several ideas that I have been planning for months now…
Bank of America
For more information about this speaker:
Call toll-free on 1-866-727-7555
Or, email your request.