About Dave Ulrich - Speaker and Consultant on HR Practices, Leadership and Customer Results:
Dave Ulrich is a Professor at the Ross School of Business, University of Michigan and a partner at the RBL Group, a consulting firm focused on helping organizations and leaders deliver value. He is a keynote speaker on how organizations build capabilities of leadership, speed, learning, accountability, and talent through leveraging human resources. He has helped generate award winning data bases that assess alignment between strategies, organization capabilities, HR practices, HR competencies, and customer and investor results.
He has published over 200 articles and book chapters and 25 books some of which include: Asian Leadership, The Why of Work, HR Transformation, Leadership Code, The Future of Human Resource Management, Why the Bottom Line Isn't, Results Based Leadership and Organizational Capability. His latest books are HR from the Outsie In, Leadership Sustainability, and Global HR.
He edited Human Resource Management 1990-1999, served on editorial board of 4 Journals, on the Board of Directors for Herman Miller, and Board of Trustees at Southern Virginia University, and is a Fellow in the National Academy of Human Resources. Honors include:
- Ranked #1 speaker in Management/Business by Speaking.com for 2014
- Received a 2013 Lifetime Achievement Award from HR Magazine for being the "father of modern human resources"
- Nobels Colloquia Prize for Leadership on Business and Economic Thinking
- Ranked #1 most influential international thought leader in HR by HR Magazine
- Why of Work (co-authored with Wendy Ulrich) was #1 best seller for Wall Street Journal and USA Today
- Lifetime Achievement Award from American Society of Training and Development (ASTD)
- Ranked #2 management guru by Executive Excellence
- Named by Fast Company as one of the 10 most innovative and creative thinkers of 2005
- Lifetime achievement award from World Federation of Personnel Management
- Listed in Forbes as one of the
world's top fivebusiness coaches
What Dave Ulrich Talks About:
HR: Are We There Yet?
Professor Ulrich and his colleagues have helped shape thinking on how to transform HR practices so that they are aligned to customer needs and integrated around organization capabilities to build this employee, customer, and investor results. This workshop will address the changing business conditions and the implications for managing individual ability, organization capability, and leadership. The required organization capabilities of the future and what leaders should know and do to respond to future business realities will be highlighted. It will end with implications for the changing role of human resource professionals and competencies they must demonstrate to be successful. The participants will be able to utilize the learning and practice of this workshop to transform their HR departments.
Leadership: 5 Questions
In this one and a half day workshop, Dave Ulrich will answer five questions. The workshop will be a conversation between the facilitator and participants and among participants.
1. Why does leadership matter?
2. What is new in leadership thinking?
3. What is the leadership code? How can I be a better leader?
4. What are the leadership differentiators? How can I build better leadership?
5. What can I do to improve my leadership?