Jeanne talks about customer-driven growth earned through creating top-notch customer experience.
Audiences leave feeling motivated to use the practical tools Jeanne shares to make business personal and inspire customer loyalty. ,
Jeanne Bliss is Former Chief Customer Office at Land's End, Microsoft, Coldwell Banker and Allstate Corporations. She is a best-selling author & Co-Founder of the Customer Experience Professionals Association.
Past clients include: AARP, Johnson&Johnson, Kaiser Permanente, Krispy Kreme, Loreal, MGM Resorts, and Salesforce.
About Jeanne Bliss - Global Expert and Speaker on Customer-Centric Leadership & Customer-Driven Growth:
Jeanne Bliss helps companies and people become the best version of themselves. She guides them to define, build and live the behaviours and actions that will fuse customers to them - and ultimately create deep and memorable relationships. Creating these enhanced relationships has been Jeanne’s singular mission for over 35 years.
Often referred to as the “Godmother of Customer Experience” - Jeanne is one of the foremost experts on customer-centric leadership. She pioneered the role of the Chief Customer Officer, holding the first ever CCO role at Lands’ End, Microsoft, Coldwell Banker and Allstate Corporations. Reporting to each company’s CEO, she moved the customer to the strategic agenda, redirecting priorities to create transformational changes to each brands’ customer experience. She has driven achievement of 95% loyalty rates - improving customer experiences across 50,000-person organizations.
Her ability to effectively guide leaders and companies to earn customer-driven growth is based on these experiences as a practitioner for over 35 years - working across organizations to unite the C-Suite and organizational silos; as well as guiding over 20,000 leaders around the world to understand that improving lives should be their most important strategic vision.
Jeanne is the Founder and President of CustomerBliss, and Co-Founder of The Customer Experience Professionals Association. She has delivered over 2,000 speeches and workshops for nearly every business vertical in B2B and C2B companies - on how to build the roadmap toward these deep and genuine customer experiences that earn passionate advocates both inside and outside of your business.
Jeanne is also a best-selling author:
- Chief Customer Officer (Jossey-Bass, 2006) - this groundbreaking book was the first of its kind to address the role of the customer leadership executive. It quickly became a best-seller and has been translated into eight languages
- Would You Do That To Your Mother? (Portfolio/Penguin, 2018) - this new release is filled with tools you can start applying immediately to turn uncomfortable customer moments into “we got your back” experiences - that would make your mom proud and will win you love and loyalty from your customers
- Chief Customer Officer 2.0 (Wiley, 2015) - a 5-competency roadmap to build your customer-driven growth engine. This book contains an explicit path and set of actions to unite your Chief Customer Officer and leadership team in leading your customer-driven transformation
- I Love You More than My Dog: Five Decisions that Drive Extreme Customer Loyalty in Good Times and Bad (Portfolio, 2001) - in this best-seller, Jeanne shares 45 case studies that highlight decisions made by beloved companies that your company can emulate - to earn devoted customers, social media accolades and growth, even in a down economy
What Jeanne Bliss Talks About:
Humanity in Business: Show the Best Version of Your Company & Your People to the World
Creating customer experience without humanity is just a bunch of business tactics. This keynote is a fast-track lift-off for your customer experience efforts – that will inspire your audience to include the often-overlooked critical element of transformation: understanding the human at the end of your decisions. Creating caring customer experiences should not be as difficult as some make it. Just ask yourself, “Would I do that to my mother?” That question inspired Jeanne to write her latest strategy-rich book, Would You Do that To Your
Mother? – as a common-sense guide on making business personal and winning customer loyalty.
The most admired companies who earn ardent supporters and organic growth angst over who these people are, how they live their lives, and understand their goals. They build respect, honour, and trust into their operating model – and with their people. And they are celebrated for how they show up as people, and for the care, the thoughtfulness and the humanity that they have woven into their operating model. This is a fast-paced and uplifting ride of the reality of the lives of our customers, blended with turning on “aha!” moments – to give your employees the tools and motivation to make business personal, inspire your customers’ loyalty, and make mom proud!
- Jeanne will customize this speech by working with you to select the case studies in each of the four areas that define the lives of YOUR customers
- This customized approach will give your audience a path for actions they can take immediately, often with very little investment – rather than a seismic shift in attitude, and will inspire them to act
What’s Your Three-Blocks Long?: How Will You Be Remembered?
Jeanne learned about humanity in business by watching her Dad in his Buster Brown shoe store in Des Plaines, Illinois. He shoe’d a generation of children, and their children’s children, and the memory of his care, not only for the tiny little feet, but for Moms and legions of families he cared for over the years – earned him a place in the story of their lives. So much so, that when he retired, a line of people three-blocks long stood to tell him how buying shoes would never be the same.
The foundation of experience is memory creation. The admired companies start here. They focus on how their people, actions and overall behaviour of their company establishes how they will be remembered. Knowing how you want people to remember you, building how you will deliver those memories – and then living those characteristics and behaviours yields what Jeanne Bliss describes as prosperity of the human spirit and financial prosperity.
- Learn the art and science of delivering memories that will make people stand in line for your experience – your product and your people
- Understand the value of memory creation as the currency of your brand
- Inspire your people to be Memory Makers – who deliver moments that pull people toward you and your organization
Build Your Customer-Driven Growth Engine: Five Leadership Steps for Living the DNA of “Experience”
Just how do you go about earning customer-driven growth? What’s different about leadership, motivation, communication and accountability – in a transformed customer company….and how did they get there? This keynote will answer those questions and demystify that path for you. It is based on Jeanne’s 25 years as a Chief Customer Officer, her experiences coaching over 20,000 executives and the content in her seminal book, Chief Customer 2.0 – and her Podcast interviews with over 200 Global Chief Customer Officers.
In the words of Senior VP & Chief Customer Officer at Oracle, Jeb Dasteel, “If Jeanne Bliss hadn’t written her first book, I wouldn’t be in the role I have today… She continues to provide leading guidance for Chief Customer Officers.”
- Jeanne outlines her 5-steps necessary to successfully lead a customer experience transformation
- She will guide you on how to embed these competencies into your organization – to get into action quickly with a united leadership team
Five Keys Acts of Leadership Bravery: Raise Up Your Company and Your People
Experience in its purest form…is Leadership Bravery. It is Leadership Bravery in making choices that enable your people to rise. It is clearly knowing and living conscience-led decisions about what you will and will not do, to grow. It is leaders who model behaviours honouring customers and employees – that everyone can model across your entire organization. And it is honouring customers’ lives in how you conduct yourself in business and for the kind of people you are.
This yields what Jeanne Bliss calls “Admirable Growth.” This growth fuses people to you. It raises your employees and it elevates your company in the marketplace. It establishes the legacy for how you will be remembered.
- Learn the 5 key acts of Leadership Bravery that drive this powerful type of growth few companies achieve
- Travel with Jeanne as she guides your audience on a tour of the behaviours and actions of leaders who raise the spirits of their people – and elevate them to do more and achieve more than their competitors
- Create a roadmap for your path to this type of admirable and prosperous growth and legacy
A Fireside Chat with Jeanne & Your Leaders: An Unplugged Conversation about Creating the Best Version of Your Organization
Audiences love nothing more than authentic, transparent, real-time talk about the issues that are shaping their work and their lives. Since 2002, Jeanne has guided over 20,000 strategic conversations with leaders in almost every business vertical – to better understand their customers’ experiences, and the value of knowing that improving lives should be at the core of every company’s mission.
Bring your audience into this idea-rich conversation between Jeanne and one of your leaders – to explore opportunities that each person in your organization has to improve the lives of your customers, and ultimately inspire customers to become the army that makes your organization known and beloved in the marketplace. If you are already doing a keynote with Jeanne – it’s her pleasure to add this in as her gift, time-permitting.
Virtual Keynote with Jeanne Bliss
(60min Program — 40min Presentation and 20min conversation that Jeanne leads with the viewers to tie the strategies she discussed with the goals of the organization.) This presentation can be delivered internally to leaders, managers and individual contributors as a group, or it can be presented to individual cohorts.
The global pandemic has shifted the world as well as customers’ priorities and goals. The companies that will rise out of this period, understand that now is the time to show up for their customers by creating positive memories and experiences and adding value. Understanding your customers’ pain points, priorities and how you and your people can better serve them is at the heart of the work that Jeanne Bliss has been doing for over 35 years.
No one knows more about the Customer Experience Leadership role than Jeanne Bliss.