About Lee Cockerell - Former Operations VP for Walt Disney World Resort:
With years of experience leading operations all over the world for Hilton Hotels Corportation, Marriott Hotels and Resorts and The Walt Disney Company, Lee Cockerell shares his insights on leadership, business management and customer service excellence.
Lee retired as the Executive Vice President of Operations for the WALT DISNEY WORLD Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida, a position he held for ten years. His responsibilities encompassed a diverse mix of operations, which included 20 resort hotels with over 30,000 Guest rooms, 4 theme parks, 2 water parks, 5 golf courses, a shopping village & nighttime entertainment complex, a sports & recreation complex, and the ancillary operations support functions. The Resort serves millions of guests each year and employs 60,000 Cast Members.
Prior to joining the Walt Disney World Co., he spent seventeen years in various executive positions with the Marriott Corporation and eight years with Hilton Hotels. He joined the Disney organization in July 1990 as Director of Food and Beverage and Quality Assurance for the Disneyland Paris hotels.
Lee has served on the Heart of Florida United Way Board for six years including being the Chairman of the Board and a member of the Executive Committee and as Campaign Chairman for Central Florida. Lee served as a member of the Board of Trustees for the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, NY; a member of the Board of Directors of the Production and Operations Management Society (POMS) and in 2005 Governor Jeb Bush appointed him to the Governor's Commission on Volunteerism and Community Service where he served as the Chairman of the Board.
In 2008 Governor Brad Henry of Oklahoma named Lee as a Creative Ambassador to assist the state in leadership and business development.
Lee is the author of the leadership and management book, Creating Magic: 10 Common Sense Leadership Strategies From a Life at Disney. His newest book, The Customer Rules: The 39 Essential Rules for Delivering Sensational Service, helps organizations both large and small deliver sensational service and gain loyalty of their customers.
What Lee Cockerell Talks About:
YOU Can Create Magic Too!
- Learn how
you can create magic tooin your business.
- Learn exactly what you must do to be perceived as a great leader.
- Learn why you must understand the big difference between management and leadership.
- Learn how to practice great leadership that will ensure you leave a legacy.
- Learn about the free fuel we all have and don’t use enough.
- Learn four simple ways to set your organization apart in the eyes of your customers and your employees.
- Learn why the customer does not come first.
- Learn the most important leadership behavior that will ensure success for you in all parts of your life.
Forget About Diversity
Lee has cracked the code on how to achieve the diversity all organizations desire. His message resonates and is appreciated by all. We live in a time when your attitude and the respect you show all people will determine the effectiveness of your results.
- Learn the ten things leaders must do to create an inclusive workplace that leads to a diverse workforce.
- Learn why diversity is not the goal, but the outcome for organizations.
- Learn the difference between being diverse and being inclusive.
- Learn what all humans want the most. Give it to them and they will reward your organization with excellent results.
- Learn how to put more control into all parts of your life through this simple system for planning and carrying out your responsibilities.
- Learn the most important question to ask yourself every morning before you start your day.
- Learn the four steps in planning each and every day (the fourth one being the key to a happy and successful life).
- Learn what you can do today to avoid having a long list of regrets later in your life when it is too late.
- Learn how to maintain strong relationships, prepare yourself for the future, maintain good health and reduce stress in your life.
- Learn a simple system for doing what has to be done, when it has to be done, in the way it should be done, whether you or those around you like it or not.