About Ross Shafer - Hilarious Change Expert:
Ross Shafer has the most peculiar background of any speaker on CHANGE. He coaches leaders and teams on how to cross-pollinate innovative ideas about emerging trends, shifting buying habits, and the motivation of workforces during a mergers and/or acquisitions. His clients include 73 of the Fortune 100…as well as a broad array of associations.
He has authored nine business books yet also won international stand-up comedy competitions. He’s earned six TV Emmys as a network talk and game show host yet credits his ability to resell bicycles at age 13. He flipped cars at 15 and flipped homes at 18. After college at 21, he started buying and selling companies. When you understand that he’s always stoked a burning pursuit of excellence through change, it all makes sense.
Since his early teens, Ross Shafer has been obsessed with understanding “Who succeeds? Who fails? And Why?” His confidence flourished when he discovered that there were specific blueprints for success in every job and every industry. That understanding led to his noteworthy achievements in business, television broadcasting, book writing, professional speaking (CPAE) and even stand-up comedy. His wildly diverse career choices have allowed Ross to communicate complex ideas with great fun - and an “everyman” quality.
What most people don’t know is that Ross may have sparked the rise of the entertainment cooking channels when he wrote a funny bestselling book, Cook Like a Stud (38 recipes men can prepare in the garage using their own tools). Not bad for a guy who played college football (pre-concussion-era helmets) and who still aspires to get his hair right.
What Ross Shafer Talks About:
How to Stay Relevant
If you no longer matter to your customers and clients, they will leave you and race to your competitors. Relevance is a moving target. In this program you will learn how to create a culture that is able to adapt and evolve with new industry trends; as well as realign your go-to-market tactics to best serve your customer’s shifting buying habits.
- How to harvest an endless trove of innovative ideas (even when you’re not feeling creative)
- How to find (and respond to) competitors hiding in your blind spots
- How to inspire world-class expertise
- Cementing Relationships. How to create instant rapport with clients, vendors, and coworkers
Behave Like a Startup: Kill Complacency
This program is about fighting off complacency. If you are a legacy organization and you’re starting to feel like complacency is creeping in, you will be interested to learn the guerrilla tactics of young startups. You’ll learn how startups fearlessly defy convention…and why you should too.
- How to cure creeping complacency…(and how to regain your “mojo.”)
- Lessons you can learn from the Startup mentality
- Why you should break the bonds of perfection and launch your ideas faster
This program is about taking initiative. Too often our team members stall their own growth until they get validation and encouragement from their leaders. This program will inspire your team members to take charge of their own assignments…when nobody is around to guide them. They will learn to be accountable and responsible to and for…themselves.
- How to create a No Blame, No Excuses culture of accountability
- Why it’s crucial to take personal responsibility for your own success
- How to ‘ramp up’ your resilience
- How to set yourself (and your company) apart from the competition
(A program for living an OTHER-FOCUSED life)
When teams are happy and fulfilled, your patients (and customers) score you higher on the loyalty scale. So, with constant social media distractions, how do we reverse self-absorbed behavior? We designed a habit-changing program that is focused on team member development. By coaching team members how they can benefit from being Other-Focused, they can “crack the code” to get what they want from life. They feel more appreciated. They create and sustain better personal and co-worker relationships. They get invited to more special events. They even get more likes and comments on social media.
- How to gauge team member engagement and pinpoint specific behaviors that will benefit them personally and professionally
- How to manage these specific behaviors so that peers are held accountable and are able to track their Other-FocusedTM Scores
- How to become a Certified Other-Focused Professional; which is highly valued by every employer
- How to inspire ongoing improvement through a simple and fun pre-built “leader board” metric.
The Ultimate Emcee
Ross hosts a select number of multi-day events for his high-end clients each year. Because Ross is a trained talk and game show host (helmed over 1|000 network broadcasts) he is the perfect choice for moderating your executive panel discussions and complex award banquets. Ross will keep the programs lively and on task; drawing on his vast experience and lightening wit to navigate (and rescue) even the most unpredictable situations.
I recommend Ross Shafer to any group who wants huge laughs and a strong, fresh message. We've hired him for a dozen events.
Major Insurance Carrier
View Similar Speakers
For more information about this speaker:
Call toll-free on 1-866-727-7555
Or, email your request.