About Bruce Turkel - Author and Branding Expert. CEO of TURKEL Brands:
As CEO of the successful brand management firm, TURKEL, Bruce Turkel has been creating and working with valuable brands for over 30 years.
Bruce Turkel's concepts are simple but not simplistic. His methods are easy to understand and immediately actionable. His talks present a profound, proven, and potentially profitable way to build your brand strategy, increase sales and create real traction with your social media activities.
Under Bruce's guidance, his firm has created wildly effective campaigns for its clients, including Hasbro, American Express, Charles Schwab, Citicorp, Discovery Channel, Partnership for a Drug-Free America, HBO Latin America, Peabody Hotels, Bacardi, Kissimmee Convention & Visitors Bureau, Canyon Ranch Living and Sol Meliá Hotels & Resorts, to name just a few.
Bruce’s firm is built on the belief that marketing should be well-designed, simple, and should make a client’s products and services more valuable. Using this straightforward checklist, he has worked with hundreds of clients, written thousands of headlines, and designed even more print ads, television spots, websites, and campaigns.
When he's not creating advertising or design, he's a sought after expert for CNN, MIT, NAMM, MPI, UM, NSA. He’s also the author of Building Brand Value: Seven Simple Steps to Profitable Communication and two other branding and advertising business books. Bruce is currently finishing his next book, All About Them.
A captivating and entertaining speaker, Bruce has spoken at MIT, Harvard, TEDx, and hundreds of corporate and industry conferences. Bruce appears regularly on FOX Business and has been on CNN, ABC, CBS, and NPR. He has been featured in The New York Times, Fast Company, Communication Arts, and AdWeek. His branding work has been honored by Communication Arts, the Art Directors' Club of New York, Clio and the One Show to name just a few, and this year his work won six Emmys.
In addition to writing and illustrating books and articles on branding, Bruce is the front man for the Miami R&B band Blackstar and enjoys practicing his harmonica in traffic, as well as being a dad, a husband and mentor and training for marathons.
What Bruce Turkel Talks About:
7 Steps to Building Brand Value
Learn the seven simple steps to building, maintaining, and communicating a great brand. Bruce provides entertaining anecdotes and real world examples to illustrate the finer points of brand building. Add significant value to your products by making your products more valuable to your customers.
In this talk, audiences will learn:
- Why your brand is not about your company. And why understanding that matters more than anything else.
- The critical secret to move your brand from company-centric to consumer-centric.
- How to determine your authentic truth and why it’s more important than the function of your products or services.
Defining Your Brand Essence
BMW defines its brand essence with four words. Nike, GE and Wal-Mart use three. Barack Obama sold the most powerful product in the world with two: “Hope” and “Change.” In this multi-media speech, Bruce Turkel shows you how to reduce your brand message to its most practical, actionable, and compelling essence.
While they’re laughing, your audiences will also be learning:
- The three universal branding myths that are holding your company back.
- The simple difference that sets all great brands apart, and
- How to develop this game-changing difference for your brand.
You Don’t Need Social Media. You Need A Strategy.
You don’t need social media. You don’t need a website. You don’t need mobile. You need a strategy.
Before you create noise, you’ve got to know what you’re creating noise about and why anyone should care.
Bruce Turkel shows his audiences exactly how to build their brands online. He will show you how to take the best tools, tips, and techniques from the analog world and move them online where they will generate global interest and response.
- Why an unfocused online presence is like a tree falling in a forest.
- The danger of GMOOTs and how to avoid their traps.
- How to build a powerful brand that will make a difference online.
- How to tailor your message for each of the different social media.
- How to get the most bang for your buck and increase the echo effect.
The Design of Sales
Instead of worrying about how well things work, consumers now buy things for how they look and feel, and more importantly, how the products make them look and feel.
Today an in-depth understanding of the modern consumers’ purchase motivations is what the best salespeople are using to push their products and services.
The savvy salesperson understands that their job has changed the best of them into editors and curators – constantly reappraising the aesthetic and lifestyle advantages of the products they sell and demonstrating these benefits to their customers.
In this talk, audiences will learn:
- How to uncover the motivations of today’s consumer.
- The real difference between features and benefits and how to sell them.
- Why the traditional “Speeds & Feeds” sales strategy does not work anymore and what has taken its place.
- The critical difference between content and context, and how it can multiply your sales.
- The special sales secrets that are hidden in plain sight.
Bruce Turkel rocks! Fascinating presentation of relevant information - he kept our audience completely engaged!