About Dan Veto - Keynote Speaker, Retirement Guru, and Demographic Trends Authority:
For over 25 years, Dan Veto’s pioneering research and consulting have influenced leading organizations across diverse industries, as well as countless retirement professionals and their clients. His work illuminates the exciting promise and critical new financial and lifestyle responsibilities associated with longevity and the new retirement.
Over the past decade, Dan has been instrumental in developing and implementing Age Wave’s innovative, research-based professional and consumer learning programs. He specializes in educating and strategizing with financial advisors, clients, and other constituent groups on the unique priorities, needs, and challenges of longevity.
Dan is a highly sought-after keynote speaker on managing the changing nature of life after 50, particularly regarding the boomer generation’s unprecedented relationship to retirement. His dynamic presentation style consistently receives high praise, and his unparalleled insight into the real-life challenges and triumphs of aging and retirement is frequently featured in the media, including the New York Times, BusinessWeek, SmartMoney, and Financial Planning Magazine.
Prior to joining Age Wave, Dan served on the board of directors and was Chief Marketing Officer and Senior Vice President of Strategic Planning at Bankers Life, a firm focused on meeting the financial-security needs of retirees. He began his career at McKinsey & Company, a leading management consulting firm, where he advised financial services and health care clients in the United States, Mexico, and throughout Europe.
Dan earned a BS in Electrical Engineering from the University of Illinois, and an MBA from INSEAD, the international business school in Fontainebleau, France. He also earned a joint Gerontology certificate from the American Society on Aging and the University of Southern California’s Leonard Davis School of Gerontology. He resides in the San Francisco Bay Area with his wife and two daughters.
What Dan Veto Talks About:
The New Purpose of Maturity: Redefining Work, Retirement, Family, Health, Leisure, Housing, Giving, Money, and Success
Tens of millions of Boomers are entering their retirement years just as Americans are living longer than ever before. As a result, the timing, power, and purpose of maturity are being dramatically re-imagined. Learn how the exciting spectrum of new lifestyle choices across adulthood will affect every area of our lives.
This impactful new presentation unveils Age Wave’s highly acclaimed research and explores a wide range of potentially game-changing questions for business leaders across every industry:
- How will the distribution of learning, work, and leisure be transformed by our longer lifespans?
- How is retirement being re-defined and re-imagined?
- What are the changing roles within families?
- Will encore careers and giving back become the norm?
- How can health be optimized, and will it be affordable?
- What changes are needed to make our homes and communities “aging friendly”?
- What are the ideal roles for 21st century “modern elders”?
- What is the new measure of success?
How the Age Wave Will Transform the Marketplace, the Workplace, and Our Lives
Increasing longevity, declining fertility, and aging Baby Boomers are triggering an enormous age wave. This demographic tsunami has the potential to create tremendous marketplace and work/talent opportunities — and brings with it equally pressing social and financial challenges.
This enlightening and entertaining presentation encapsulates key learnings from Age Wave’s highly acclaimed research and explores some of the most pressing questions faced by individuals, governments, and businesses today.
- How will people use their newfound longevity?
- How will a cyclic lifeplan replace the traditional linear model?
- How will aging Boomers change established paradigms of work, leisure, learning, and retirement?
- What’s the most effective way to market and sell to “middlescent” Boomers?
- Why is managing a four-generation workforce the new diversity mandate?
- What new social and political challenges are being created by this age wave?
Re-visioning Retirement: New Timing, New Purpose, New Planning, New Funding
The convergence of rising longevity, today’s uncertain economy, and widespread insufficient savings has reset the retirement clock. Highly acclaimed Age Wave research reveals that the new retirement could be a good thing — for individuals, the consumer marketplace, and financial-planning professionals.
This presentation explores the most important questions in retirement planning today, illustrates groundbreaking research, and reveals how to safeguard a successful retirement while avoiding the “wildcards” that threaten to shatter dreams.
- Why financial peace of mind has become far more important than wealth
- The “family bank” phenomenon and how it could jeopardize retirement
- How women’s rising financial power is transforming the field of retirement planning
- How a new model of work can add fulfillment, stimulation, and financial security
- How the demands of eldercare, sibling care, grandparenthood, singlehood, and “rehirement” will impact retirement planning
Dan Veto’s engaging presentation is a ‘must see’ for any company looking to capitalize on the retirement market.
Executive Vice President, Retirement Services, Fidelity Investments
For more information about this speaker:
Call toll-free on 1-866-727-7555
Or, email your request.