About David Barrett - Speaker on Strategy Execution:
David Barrett has followed a career path ideally suited to tackling issues of strategic planning and strategy execution for today’s organizations.
David has vast experience in the corporate world at a major Canadian bank, the high-tech world with Symantec Corporation, combined with many entrepreneurial ventures, including: a conference business; software development firm; speaker bureau; and most recently, a TED-style event series for professionals across North America. He has spent his career building the foundation and experience to help leaders and their companies get results.
David splits his time between the life of a professional speaker and workshop leader, and his role as the National Program Director for the Schulich Executive Education Centre at the Schulich School of Business at York University in Toronto.
He has authored or co-authored six books over the past five years, including the Amazon best-seller The 7 Elements of Strategic Execution.
What David Barrett Talks About:
Mind the Gap Please! – Bridging the Gap between Strategy and Execution by Creating a Culture that will Ensure Strategy Success
Strategic Planning is crucial to the success of any organization – small and large. These plans are often created over days and weeks and often with many people involved. A lot is invested in this critical tool. The trouble is that most of these plans fail – as many as 45%.
Mind The Gap Please! Bridging the Gap from Strategy to Execution addresses the 7 specific reasons companies lose focus on their Strategic Plan – and will help you pinpoint the exact reason (or reasons) your company is stuck. By the end of the session you will have the first clear steps to creating the results you need.
This interactive and hands-on session will address 4 key areas:
- Learn what successful organizations do to set themselves up for strategy execution success
- Discover where the gaps are in your organization between strategy and execution
- Take part in a planning session on what to do about those gaps
- Help set goals for the organization going forward
This keynote presentation will provide:
- An in-depth look at why most strategic plans fail – across your industry and elsewhere
- An opportunity to evaluate your own internal strategy execution practices – and identify major gaps in your execution culture
- An interactive mini-workshop to set action steps addressing identified critical gaps
The best audience for this speech is any part of your leadership or management team. Everyone needs to understand how to make the connection to the strategic plan for the people who work for them. That is the critical connection. This is not just a C-Suite issue.
If they manage a team of developers, or engineers or product managers or anyone with a stake in the health of your organization – they are a good audience for this.
This is a keynote presentation that typically contains:
- An overview of the 7 Elements of Strategy Execution as described in our book
- An interactive session that engages the audience with remote feedback technology to gauge the level of understanding of the audience and the ‘connectiveness to the plan’ of the audience
- A breakout session to discuss real issues within the organization’s execution culture as identified above
The session can run 45-90 minutes and will be customized to your organization’s strategic goals and leadership development plans.
The way David delivers this knowledge is so dynamic and interactive - it makes people literally 'jump' up from their chairs to participate in discussions. It's very interesting the way David collects the audience's ideas about a specific topic and transitions to the next topic - it's like all ideas are converging to the same place very smoothly.
View Similar Speakers
For more information about this speaker:
Call toll-free on 1-866-727-7555
Or, email your request.