Dr. Kevin Freiberg
About Dr. Kevin Freiberg - Thought Leader & Best-selling Author of 8 Award Winning Books:
Named one of the "Top 30 Best Minds on Leadership" by Leadership Excellence Magazine, Dr. Kevin Freiberg possesses the kind of disruptive thinking that helps companies adapt to changing conditions and to rise strong together. His books and speeches have shaped the thinking of executives in more than 2,000 companies in 60 industries across the globe—leaders who now believe they have the power to change themselves, disrupt their businesses and revolutionize their industries. Dr. Freiberg is on a short list of global thought leaders that Fortune 1000 CEOs turn to for the kind of disruptive thinking that drives growth and gets people excited about the future.
Dr. Freiberg has appeared on CNBC, CBS Sunday Morning and the CBS Morning News for his views on the critical links between leadership, corporate culture, change, and innovation. Dr. Freiberg is also a Leadership Contributor for Forbes.com. He has also appeared on the television series Lessons in Excellence for CNBC India. His articles and interviews have been published in the Wall Street Journal, Business Week, Washington Post, Investor's Business Daily, India's Economic Times, India's Business Standard, India's Financial Times and Capital Business & Finance Magazine of Dubai.
His books include: the international bestseller, NUTS! Southwest Airlines’ Crazy Recipe for Business and Personal Success, its sequel GUTS!, BOOM! (7-timeless choices for inspiring leadership and accountability), NANOVATION (a how-to on innovation), DO SOMETHING NOW and Be a PERSON OF IMPACT, (two quick reads that will change your organization and your life), CAUSE! A Business Strategy for Standing Out In A Sea of Sameness, and most recently, BOCHY BALL!, a book about building team chemistry with Bruce Bochy, manager of the 3-time World Champion San Francisco Giants.
Kevin holds a Doctorate in Leadership from the University of San Diego, and from San Diego State University, he earned a Master’s in Organizational Communication and a Bachelor’s degree in English Literature.
What Dr. Kevin Freiberg Talks About:
Leadership in Times of Crisis
Doing brave work requires courageous leadership. An organization’s success will be determined by its ability to adapt courageously and quickly. The good news is, courage is a trainable skill. In this keynote, the Freibergs offer 4 skills for building courage and doing brave work. As a teaser, Leading With Courage Through Crisis is an article for you to share with clients.
Crisis always precedes changes. And our ability to rise strong in the midst of change and crisis has everything to do with Resilience. The Freibergs offer five strategies for building resilience to meet challenges head-on with courage, creativity and innovation. As a teaser, here is an article on resilience to share with clients.
The Right Kind of Crazy
This presentation has received accolades from business leaders in companies all over the world—primarily because Kevin demystifies innovation and shows you how innovators THINK and what they DO. Does your business have the right kind of crazy?
- Create a culture where people aren’t afraid to question the unquestionable.
- Build unlikely partnerships that lead to ingenuity.
- Think like an OUTSIDER to load your pipeline with great ideas.
- Get comfortable being UN-comfortable.
- Encourage people to think BIG and act BOLD by rewarding intelligent failure.
Be Hungry 4 Change
This presentation shows you what happens in companies that are passionate about growth. If you want to create a culture where people move with a sense of urgency and say “yes” to new ideas, new relationships, new business models, new products and new markets, this presentation is your kick-starter.
- Stand out in a sea of sameness.
- Say NO to the “incumbent’s mentality” that leads to failure.
- Challenge teams to use limitations as springboards to creativity.
- Lead change efforts that are opportunity-led, not crisis-driven.
- Leverage connectivity to get smarter, better, faster.
Kevin will unpack the character strengths of gutsy leaders and shows you how these strengths play out in some of the world’s most admired companies. If you didn’t have a title, would anyone follow you? Forget titles, status and power. Leadership is about recognizing the potential.
- Move the organization in bold, new directions to be extraordinary.
- Choose service over self-interest: If you didn’t have a title would anyone follow you?
- Mine the story behind the story to discover what truly motivates people.
- Compete on relationship, not product and price.
- Create breakthroughs that challenge the status quo by giving people a voice.
Cracking the Code on Team Chemistry
Are you a Hall of Fame coach in your industry? You can’t lead an unstoppable team, celebrate big wins or build a dynasty without raw talent, a strategic mindset and the heart of a champion. This limited experience is an opportunity to tap into the insights of a champion who speaks from a long career of tough losses and big wins. You do NOT have to be a baseball fan or sports addict to learn from Bochy Ball. You do have to be a person who wants to borrow from what great leadership looks like in the best and worst of times! How does that translate to today’s business leaders?
- Why talent wins games but teamwork wins championships
- Strategies for Building Team Chemistry
- How Gutsy and Gifted Coaches Build Champion Mindsets
- How Character Impacts Culture, Performance and Team Spirit
Kevin's presentation really made a positive impact to our practice, so much that we have put a task force around “Innovation” as our folks were really thirsty for this type of action and thought process within our group.