About Jenn Lim - CEO and CHO (Chief Happiness Officer) of Delivering Happiness:
Jenn Lim is the fearless, innovative CEO and co-founder of DH. From her 20+ years of lessons learned in culture and consulting, the proven results of transforming company cultures come back to her simple mission: to inspire science-based happiness, passion, and purpose at work, home, and in everyday life.
She has helped over 350 organizations and has devoted her career to cultivate meaningful happiness in companies, communities, and cities around the world. In 2017, Jenn was selected to be on the Global Happiness Council of Work and Wellbeing with the charter to scale the impact she’s made in even more sustainable ways.
Delivering Happiness started as a book and a bus tour, and evolved into a company and global movement around happiness that has impacted and inspired over 250 companies in more than 110 countries.
You can find Jenn speaking at events around the globe, interviewing culture champions on the Delivering Happiness podcast, or starting spontaneous dance parties with her friends and family.
What Jenn Lim Talks About:
How Happiness as a Business Model = Profits, Passion and Purpose
Making dollars and sense of why an investment in happiness will increase your productivity, profitability and sustainability as a company.
In this talk, Jenn will share:
- The Human Case for happiness – for the first time, we know how the science of happiness can change the world
- The Business Case for happiness – happier employees = happier customers = successful company
- The Scientific Case for happiness – why success doesn’t create happiness, happiness creates success
- Core Values as a foundation – values are the DNA of happiness at work
- The frameworks of happiness and wellbeing – applicable science and how it works
- The power of vision, meaning or higher purpose – examples from Zappos and Delivering Happiness (DH)
- The growth rate and impact of companies using happiness as a business model
Culture as a Competitive Advantage – How to Build Company Culture
Over a decade of research shows that a culture of happiness is becoming one of the biggest competitive advantages in today’s economy. Happy employees who work with passion and purpose perform at consistently high levels, multiplying their effectiveness and raising business outcomes.
Jenn will detail:
- Core Values – Learn the top secrets of creating core values in an actionable, meaningful way that drives results
- “Culture is Everyone’s Business” – explore the significance of this phrase and how it ties directly to company success
- “Culture is your Brand & Brand is your Culture” – discover how this worked for Zappos, small businesses DH has partnered with, and how it can work for you
- Happiness Frameworks – Explore how the Happiness Frameworks of Connectedness, Sense of Progress, Sense of Control, Passion and Purpose can be tied to metrics and used to build culture
- Purpose – the role of vision, meaning or higher purpose as a guidance system for decision-making, growth, focus and strategy
Brand Builders: Ways to Enhance Customer Experience & Engagement
Building an enduring brand through WOW customer service and a values-based company culture – from selling shoes to delivering happiness! How can your ideal culture lead to an enhanced experience for your customers? Learn more on how Zappos and DH use Personal Emotional Connections (PECs) to create WOW customer experiences and high repeat business.
Jenn will outline how to:
- Discover the value of embedding customer service into your company culture
- Understand the core tenets and benefits of focusing on a WOW customer experience
- Use Zappos-inspired tools and techniques, to develop your own unique WOW experience
and will also review why:
- Every employee should believe in the values – they are your brand vehicle
- The best way to grow smartly is WOM (word of mouth)
- Hiring the right people who align with the Purpose, Values, & Culture will grow the business naturally – they will embody the culture/brand
- Repeat customers come if you continue to hold up to your *value* as a company – when your customers understand what you’re the best at, they’ll keep coming back and sharing WOM
- RAHs – (Random Acts of Happiness) in giving thanks to people when they least expect it – make employees happier and more empowered, and that will extend out to the client community
- Showing your employees they can go above and beyond (e.g. a hand written note, gift or personal call)
- Recognition – how Sense of Progress and Sense of Control are amplified by the cool ways Zappos recognizes employees for their work, living Core Values and being true to their “weird” self
- Recognition doesn’t have to be monetary, it can be in other things (e.g. medal, vocal recognition, donation)
- A practice of Recognition becomes a celebrated part of a powerful uplifting brand
Thank you for speaking at Toyota. I loved your presentation and messaging. You touched on so many topics that I know we can use immediately. You’ve inspired me to leave a legacy that makes a difference in my organization. You are truly an inspiration to all of us, thank you!
Janet Fujimoto, Talent Management Officer, Toyota
View Similar Speakers
For more information about this speaker:
Call toll-free on 1-866-727-7555
Or, email your request.