About Jonah Stillman - Entrepreneur, Author, Gen Zer and Speaker on Gen Z as a Consumer and in the Workplace:
Jonah Stillman graduated from high school in 2017 and is pursuing life as an entrepreneur. Growing up, for 10-years Jonah competed on the national U.S. circuit in snowboarding. He was ranked in the top 5 in the U.S. before hanging up his helmet - to pursue working with his Dad in the generational field.
Jonah and a team of peers conducted one of the first national surveys about Gen Z’s workplace attitudes. The eye-opening results ignited Jonah’s interest in keeping the dialogue going. After growing up watching his dad, David be the voice of his generation - Jonah is excited to be a voice of Gen Z. Together, they published Gen Z @ Work, published by HarperCollins - it describes the seven key traits of Gen Z.
He is the youngest speaker on the circuit - and has already shared his insights on Gen Z with CNBC, MSNBC, and CBS and was recently featured in Fast Company, TIME, INC, Forbes and the NY Times.
Success Magazine voted David and Jonah in the top 25 most influential speakers and authors for 2018.
What Jonah Stillman Talks About:
Hello, My Name is Generation Z
Jonah Stillman, a best-selling author and member of Generation Z himself – is determined that industries and leaders don’t repeat the mistakes of the past. In the late 1990’s the Baby Boomers were rocking every marketplace they touched. So much so, that nobody paid attention when Generation X showed up and kaboom – collisions were everywhere! History is repeating itself, as most of the attention is on the Millennials – with little focus on Generation Z. If leaders treat Gen Z like the Millennials, it will backfire. “Hello, my name is Generation Z” introduces the newest generation to enter the workplace and marketplace. Based on his best-selling book Gen Z @ Work Jonah presents:
- The events and conditions that shaped Gen Z
- The seven key traits that define the generation
- What value propositions are necessary to connect with Gen Z
- Where Gen Z can lead the way at work
- Where Gen Z needs the most mentoring
Presented only by Jonah.
Make Way for Gen Z
Believe it or not – there’s life after the Millennial generation. A new generation is impacting our workplace and not enough leaders are paying attention! Are you ready for Gen Z? The leading edge of Gen Z is well into their 20s. They are not like the Millennials, which means your recruitment and retention strategies need to change.
Attendees will learn:
- What factors make Generation Z unique
- What influences have shaped this dynamic generation
- What they expect from a career
- How you recruit them
- How you retain and manage Gen Z
This dynamic keynote gives audiences fresh insights based on national studies of Gen Z’s workplace attitudes, interviews with hundreds of CEOs, cutting-edge case studies – and insights from Gen Zers themselves.
Presented by Jonah, or Jonah & David. Available as a 30-90 minute Keynote or as a Half-day Workshop.
Seven Key Traits of Generation Z
Based on three national studies and the first global study of Generation Z, you will get a 15-20 minute introduction into both the events and conditions that shaped Gen Z – and the seven key traits that define this generation: Realistic, Phigital, Drive, FOMO, Hyper Custom, DIY, and Weconomists. Afterwards, keep the generational dialogue going during an in-depth Q&A session – to ask burning questions on what YOU need to know about this new generation.
Attendees will learn to zero in on Gen Z’s exact needs, such as:
- How does the phigital world impact Gen Z’s view of remote working?
- Is FOMO a good thing or bad thing on the job?
- How does hyper-customization impact sales and marketing?
- How do these weconomists define the shared economy?
- How does DIY impact training and development?
Presented by Jonah, or Jonah & David together. Available as a 30-60 minute Keynote.
Millennials Vs. Generation Z
If only we could group our younger workforce and marketplace into one generation – life would be easier. In many ways, leaders have been operating that way. Many are not paying attention to Generation Z – and are just assuming everyone under 30 is a Millennial. Gen Z is nothing like the Millennials.
- Unpack the key differences between Millennials and Gen Z
- Showcase how Boomers and Xers parenting styles had radically different results
- Explain Millennial’s collaborative nature vs Gen Z’s competitive drive at work
- Identify what leaders need to know to manage each unique generation
- Highlight areas the generations will click and clash
Presented by Jonah, or Jonah & David together. Available as a 30-90 minute Keynote or as a Half-day Workshop.
Z Ultimate Consumer: Who is the Gen Z Customer?
Do they shop online? In-store? What does loyalty look like? These questions and more are addressed as the newest generation of customers pull out their wallets. Gen Z has disposable income to spend, but only if marketers can connect with them. More than their own disposable funds, Gen Z’s influence on family spending is the highest it’s ever been. If brands want to find success in the future – then understanding the Gen Z customer is paramount. Based on national studies, insights from focus groups, and working with some of the world’s top brands – find out what it takes to connect with, sell to, and retain the Gen Z customer.
Attendees will learn:
- How the Gen Z consumer is different from the other generations
- How different social media platforms connect with different Gen Z consumers
- About the phigital landscape – where Gen Z sees no line between physical and digital
- The difference between a digital pioneer and digital native
- What brands are connecting best with the customer of the future
Presented by Jonah, or Jonah & David together. Available as a 30-90 minute Keynote.
Take 5: Traditionalists, Boomers, Xers, Millennials – and Now Gen Z!
For the first time in history, we have five generations in the workplace and marketplace. Not one generation is stagnant, so staying on top of how their generational personalities play out can be challenging. Even though there might not be as many Traditionalists around – there are still many Traditional cultures. Boomers are working longer and reinventing retirement. Xers are slowly taking over the C-Suite. Millennials are no longer the newbies and are well into management. And yes, there is a generation after the Millennials… Gen Z. A lot to unpack – but in this two part presentation, Jonah Stillman and David Stillman can get the job done!
In Part 1, David Stillman, who has 22 years of studying the generations, presents:
- What shaped Traditionalists, Baby Boomers, Xers, and Millennials
- How generational core traits are playing out in today’s economic climate
- What each generation needs and wants from their careers over the next 10 years
- Where and how the generations like to shop
Following a break, in Part 2, Generation Zer Jonah Stillman will join David to:
- Introduce Gen Z and the key events that shaped them
- Present the seven key traits of Gen Z
- Identify what Gen Z needs and wants from their careers
- Highlight how Gen Z will click and clash with the other generations
Presented by Jonah & David. Available as a minimum of two hours and special pricing applies.
Jonah (and David) understand the strength of the future. CEOs would be wise to pay attention to the opportunities presented by harnessing Gen Z’s power.
Executive Chairman and Former CEO, U.S. Bancorp
View Similar Speakers
For more information about this speaker:
Call toll-free on 1-866-727-7555
Or, email your request.