About Libby Gill - Leadership Expert, Executive Coach, Award-Winning Author:
Libby Gill knows change. She grew up on two continents and went to eight different schools before putting herself through college waiting tables. Starting her career as an assistant at Embassy Communications, a television company founded by the legendary Norman Lear, Libby survived three mergers to emerge as head of publicity, advertising, and promotion for Sony’s worldwide television group in just five years.
After her first career heading communications at media giants Sony, Universal, and Turner Broadcasting, Libby founded LA-based Libby Gill & Company, a leadership consulting and executive coaching firm. She guides individuals and organizations to lead through change, challenge, and chaos by deeply engaging employees in a shared future-focused vision of success.
In her consulting, coaching, and keynotes Libby helps her clients:
- Reframe change as an opportunity for massive growth
- Re-energize your best performers to reach their full potential
- Reinvent your corporate culture to embrace ambiguity
Her clients include Abbott Medical, ADP, Disney, Ernst & Young, Facebook, First American Insurance, Hyundai, Microsoft, Sony, Sutter Health, Viacom, Warner Bros., Wells Fargo, as well as non-profits and small businesses. A global speaker, Libby has delivered keynote presentations on three continents and in 36 U.S. states for organizations including Acura, ADP, Bank of America, Capital One, Cisco, Disney, Honda, Intel, Kellogg’s, Marriott International, Medtronic, Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines, United Healthcare, Vanguard, and many more.
Libby is the author of five books, including the award-winning You Unstuck, Capture the Mindshare and the Market Share Will Follow, and Traveling Hopefully. Her latest book is The Hope-Driven Leader: Harness the Power of Positivity at Work. A former columnist for the Dallas Morning News, Libby has published book chapters and peer-reviewed articles for numerous journals and trade publications. Business leaders including Zappos.com CEO Tony Hsieh, Stephen M.R. Covey, Dr. Marshall Goldsmith, and Dr. Ken Blanchard have endorsed her work. Currently, she is co-authoring a book about Rice University’s Doerr Institute for New Leaders with former Brigadier General and Director of the Institute Thomas Kolditz, Ph.D.
A frequent media guest, Libby has appeared on the CBS Early Show, CNN, Inside Edition, NPR, the Today Show, and in BusinessWeek, Time, the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and many more. Libby lives with her husband in Los Angeles and is the proud mother of two millennial sons.
What Libby Gill Talks About:
- Discover the 4 traits that followers crave from their leaders
- Master Libby’s proven CSE Process to “Clarify the vision, Simplify the path, and Execute the plan” with bold risk-taking and flawless follow-through
- Learn the Language of Leadership – regardless of professional level – to influence and inspire others even in times of chaos
Resistance to change is rampant in the workplace. Our biological hardwiring prompts us to fight, flee, or freeze when we sense danger – or even perceived danger – causing us to back down from risks, even those that we know intellectually will benefit us.
Participants in Libby’s interactive presentations will:
- Reframe change – no matter how anxiety-provoking – as an opportunity for growth
- Blast through fear and resistance to regain your competitive edge
- Experience a rousing call-to-action that will get participants taking risks right in the room that very same day
You Unstuck: Mastering the New Rules of Risk-taking in Work and Life
Sooner or later, every individual and organization gets stuck. It’s just part of the human condition. But you don’t have to make stuck your normal state!
With an emphasis on linking beliefs to behaviors, Libby connects the dots between personal accountability and organizational success. She helps you understand why you might be getting in the way of your own success and what you can do to change that pattern forever.
Your group will receive timely takeaways to:
- Set the tone for learning before the event by having participants take the YourCareerQuiz.com assessment to see what’s working and what’s not in their careers
- Discover 5 Reasons We Resist Change and how to overcome them
- Identify and overturn your personal and organizational excuse-making behavior – the Immediate Negative Response – and replace it with bold action
Lift As You Climb: The Latest on Women’s Leadership
Libby guides emerging and established women leaders through workplace challenges including career advancement, gender bias, visibility and exposure, leveraging connections, and work/life balance. With intelligence and humor, she shares an inspirational blend of leadership strategies and hard-won secrets to success.
Having addressed women’s forums including EY, Honda, Intel, Kellogg’s, Medtronic, and many more, Libby provides specific and applicable ideas to help women “lift as they climb|” supporting other women as they climb the corporate or entrepreneurial ladder.
Participants will discover how to:
- Craft a Credibility Booster that establishes immediate rapport and connection
- Tap into uniquely female strengths by identifying your Leadership Superpower
- Create a Powerful Executive Presence and stop unconscious bias in its tracks
Libby’s message of action and accountability was strong, impassioned and clear. Her interactive presentation struck a deep chord and really helped set the tone for our event.
View Similar Speakers
For more information about this speaker:
Call toll-free on 1-866-727-7555
Or, email your request.