About Lisa Ryan - Author, Motivational Keynote Speaker, Engagement and Retention & Culture Expert:
Lisa Ryan's work experience and research in employee engagement and cultural transformation gives her a unique perspective for retaining top talent. She is President and Founder of Grategy® - a Cleveland based firm specializing in strategies for employee engagement, retention, and recognition using gratitude strategies (Grategies) for personal and professional development.
Lisa has 20+ years of experience in marketing, training, and sales. She has worked in a variety of industries, including manufacturing, healthcare - and executive recruiting. She is an active member of The National Speakers Association, has been featured in Speaker Magazine as an expert advisor, writes articles for numerous newsletters and online publications - and speaks regularly for several colleges and universities.
What Lisa Ryan Talks About:
MANUFACTURING ENGAGEMENT: SMART STRATEGIES TO KEEP YOUR TOP TALENT FROM BECOMING SOMEONE ELSE’S
The raging war for talent combined with a shrinking candidate pool – makes it critical for organizational leaders to figure out how to keep their top employees from leaving. Creating a workplace culture that works – means that implementing new ideas and effective ways of engaging with team members. With an engaged workforce, employees work harder, have fewer safety incidents – and are more loyal and profitable to their employer.
During this session, we explore a six-step process that gives participants the tools they need and can use immediately. Attendees will learn from the content, share with each other, and discuss the best practices they use – to create a workplace culture that attracts and retains the very top employees while increasing profitability, productivity and reducing downtime.
By attending this program, participants will:
- Discover the five contributing factors that lead to employee engagement
- Drive the creation of productivity-enhancing ideas by providing a safe environment for employees to fail
- Identify the top three management actions that create an employee’s emotional connection to the organization
- Explore the biggest drivers of job satisfaction – and discuss strategies for implementation
MASTERING THE MILLENNIAL MINDSET AND BEYOND: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT GEN Z
With approximately 10,000 baby boomers retiring every day, your organization’s succession-planning efforts can make a huge difference in the long-term success of your business. It’s more important than ever to attract the best employees you can hire – while dealing with ever-shrinking sources to find qualified talent. Even more critical, is keeping your new hires from leaving – after spending substantial time, money and human resources to onboard them.
With a potential of as many as 2 million manufacturing jobs being unfulfilled by 2025, there’s no time to waste. By learning these critical communication and engagement strategies now, you will prepare your company to not only survive – but thrive in the future.
By the end of this session, participants will:
- Explore how Millennials differ from both older and younger, non-Millennials in significant ways
- Discuss the noteworthy commonalities that Millennials share with non-Millennials
- Uncover functional and emotional attributes that are most relevant to Millennials
- Implement strategies to build employee engagement across multigenerational teams
SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF: HOW ATTENTION TO DETAIL HELPS YOU CREATE A CULTURE THAT ROCKS
If you want your organization to be a force for the future, it’s critical that you recognize and engage your employees more powerfully than you have in the past. Legendary cultures start with a commitment to building a foundation of trust, supporting your employees in their career aspirations, applauding their efforts – and serving the mission that is greater than your company alone.
When organizations pay attention to the “little things” they maintain a higher retention rate, improved productivity and increased profitability – than companies who ignore the niceties that create a positive corporate culture. With Gallup reporting that approximately 68% of the workforce is disengaged or actively disengaged – this clearly is an issue you don’t want to ignore.
This session is chock-full of ideas, interactions and implementable actions that attendees can put into practice immediately. This presentation gives you the tools you need to succeed.
After attending this program, participants will be able to:
- Effectively articulate and recognize employee accomplishments in the way they want to be acknowledged
- Develop an engagement program based on authentic action aligned with your company culture
- Create a foundation of trust that creates emotional connection to the organization
- Verbalize specific feedback, both positive and negative – to acknowledge employee contributions and give them the tools they need for further development
GRATITUDE STRATEGIES TO BOOST YOUR BUSINESS AND LIFT YOUR LIFE
Did you know that the Department of Labour found that 64% of working Americans leave their jobs because they don’t feel appreciated? Or that Gallup research shows that 70% of working Americans say they receive no praise or recognition on the job? When leaders take the time to recognize and appreciate their peers and their staff members, retention, productivity – and overall work satisfaction increases dramatically.
Showing appreciation at all levels of an organization fundamentally connects people to one another. When leaders learn to communicate their appreciation to their employees, they create stronger engagement levels throughout the organization. This session will show you how the art and science of appreciation in the workplace impacts managers, peers, staff – and team members, making a noticeable difference in your workplace culture.
By attending this session, participants will:
- Discover why “giving too much appreciation” elevates, rather than diminishes – its effect
- Discuss the power of language in the workplace – and how properly saying “thank you” boosts employee contributions and connection to the organization
- Experience the physical benefits of gratitude through activities that reduce the stress response
- Explore simple ideas that strengthen all relationships – both personally and professionally
Lisa's customized program content was insightful and well received by our leaders. Your research and statistics on the benefits of appreciation really caught our attention - and gave credibility to everything you covered in your program.
Corporate HR Manager, Parker Hannifin
View Similar Speakers
More Ideas On
For more information about this speaker:
Call toll-free on 1-866-727-7555
Or, email your request.