About Mike Evans - Thought Leader & Speaker on Organizational Accountability and Personal Leadership:
Mike Evans has developed a unique perspective from 20+ years of working alongside a star studded list of world-renowned thought leaders. He served in senior leadership and consulting roles with Kotter International, FranklinCovey, and Tom Peters Company. In addition, he is a leading authority on Unleashing Personal and Organizational Accountability, clients rely upon Mike’s solutions to: Accelerate Change, Shape Their Optimal Culture, Flawlessly Execute Key Strategies, Ignite Leadership Capacity at all Levels, and Amplify Employee Engagement.
Mike works with organizations around the globe and in virtually every arena, from the tech sector to financial services, manufacturing, health care, hospitality, entertainment, retail, and the US Government. Clients include: Intel, Capital One, Apple, BNY Mellon, Pfizer, The United States Navy, Fidelity Investments, Johnson & Johnson, Symantec, Cigna Corporation, PharMerica, Oracle, Astra Zeneca, Baxter International Inc., Shell Oil, Cargill, American Airlines, DuPont USA, and NASA.
Mike consults with senior teams, facilitates custom workshops, delivers keynote speeches and provides coaching and consulting on all of these subject areas. He uses his unique insights, passion, experience, and humor to positively affect individuals, teams and organizations around the world. He is experienced with executive leadership teams and groups at all organizational levels.
His style is engaging, upbeat, entertaining, thought-provoking, compelling, and most importantly educational, relevant and impactful. Individuals, teams and organizations yield immediate results by applying what they learn.
His personal mission is to help individuals, teams and organizations accelerate their ability to achieve more than they ever believed possible. Clients describe him as inspiring, motivating and a ball of energy with an unequaled focus and passion for helping them achieve their desired results.
What Mike Evans Talks About:
Achieve With Accountability | Develop a High Performing Team or Organization
Accountability is the Catalyst to: Accelerated Change, Robust Employee Engagement, Intensified Ownership, Relentless Perseverance, Impeccable Alignment, and propels individuals, teams and organizations to intoxicating heights of achievement and success. Learn what it takes to awaken the whatever it takes attitude, belief, resolve, perseverance, confidence, determination, drive and creativity to achieve what matters most to individuals, teams and organizations. Discover how to transform accountability into a positive, engaging and forward looking experience that will secure your position in the new world of work. Learn how to kick-start a revolution that will blast your team or organization to new heights of success. With the world coming at us fast and furious every day, it’s easy to feel like you’ve lost control of your own life, your team or your organization. By choosing to take and lead accountability you reclaim control and are able to direct your own destiny.
- Discover the 4 keys to accountability, along with the observable best practices.
- Cultivate the agility, flexibility and resiliency to adapt and thrive during constant change.
- Foster collaboration, camaraderie and teamwork – Establish unshakable trust and credibility.
- Intensify ownership, engagement and alignment – Crumble silos and abolish territorialism.
- Instill a can-do, steely resolve, solutions focused mindset in the face of difficult challenges, obstacles and barriers.
- Eradicate the blame-game and vanquish excuse-making that stifle peak performance.
- Shed feelings of disarray, discomfort, apathy, entitlement, indifference and despair.
- Unleash voluntary contributions of discretionary performance that is often left untapped in individuals, teams and organizations
Amplify Employee Engagement | Capitalize on Passion, Focus and Commitment
In these tremendously ultra-competitive and turbulent times, how do you cultivate an environment where employees at all levels are engaged, energized and flourish? How do you effectively tap into the enormous wealth of creativity, innovation, passion, energy and commitment of employees that is often left idle? Much different than ‘job satisfaction’ (there are a lot of highly paid miserable people who are satisfied with their job) – engagement is about passionate, focused and committed employees contributing daily to help achieve what matters most. In order to thrive, it is essential to engage, enlist and motivate employees at all levels to be all they can be. How do you engender a culture where employees at all levels define their ‘job’ as achieving our desired results, and not simply acting on what is in their ‘job description?’
- Grasp memorable principles that move employees from compliance to commitment.
- Develop a culture where employees ‘bring more of themselves’ to the workplace.
- Understand what it takes to help employees find more meaning and fulfillment in their work. • Foster innovation and creativity to build and sustain a competitive advantage.
- Discover how to craft a culture where employees go above and beyond what is ‘required.’
- Learn the pathway to differentiation and increased market share.
- Master practical and memorable leadership tools proven to increase levels of voluntary contributions of discretionary performance from those you lead.
Thrive in the New World of Work / The Age of Disruptive Competition
In the age of the never satisfied customer, multi-faceted global influences and complex economic challenges – there are companies and entrepreneurs (Destructive/Disruptive Competition) at this moment looking to reinvent the way your business is done. How many bookstores were wiped out because of Amazon.com? What happened to Kodak? Blockbuster? Sears? Woolworth’s? Nokia? Rest assured someone somewhere is about to revolutionize your industry, or your business.
We are in a brawl with few rules, where the fast, flexible, and agile will eat and spit out the slow, over-thinking – and complacent. Individuals, teams, and organizations that fail to adapt will find themselves vulnerable, uncomfortable, and at the mercy of other people, events – or the competition. In this New World of Work, quickly leveraging ideas, talent, and leadership at all levels – will separate top performing organizations from the laggards.
In today’s commoditized surplus economy, where customers have more choices than ever, what will it take to ensure your products and services are scintillating and memorable?
- Learn to differentiate in a sea of sameness – distinct or extinct?
- Develop tenacity, resolve and agility to secure your spot in the New World of Work.
- Arouse a sense of purpose and passion among your employees
- Understand why many individuals, teams and organizations are losing in the New World of Work
- Build, enhance and grow your desired ‘brand’ – organizational and individual – to cement your spot in the New World of Work
- Cultivate a workforce that is connected, aligned – and delivers your ‘brand promise’
- Capitalize on the untapped potential of your existing top-talent – inspire extraordinary performance
Brand You! / You are CEO of Your Career, Life and Destiny
Welcome to the age of self-determination – the era of ‘entitlement’ is history. It’s up to you to take charge of your career and life. You must become CEO of Me, Inc. It’s about maintaining a competitive edge amidst chaos – it’s about achieving success when the stakes are high and ever-changing. Do you know what it will take? Are you ready for the dramatic changes taking place in the new world of work?
It is incredibly important in today’s economy for everybody to think of himself or herself as a ‘brand.’ Over the past 10-15 years hundreds of thousands of jobs have been expunged, teams eliminated, and firms driven to extinction due to ERP, SAP, the Internet, Globalization, White-Collar Robots (EX: Cash Machines) – and other factors. Blue-collar robots came and triumphed – the new target: White-Collar World. Are you prepared?
Those who will thrive and endure in the future will embrace the notion of continually developing skills, abilities and competencies – that will set them apart and vividly demonstrate their value to whoever is signing their paycheck. What are you doing to stand out in today’s sea of sameness?
- Arouse your understanding and commitment of what it will take to find success in the New World of Work
- Discover how to develop and enhance your ‘desired brand’ to secure your position now – and in the future
- Learn what it will take to gain a reputation as a ‘valued’ employee
- Understand how to find more meaning and fulfillment in your work
- Grasp what it takes to unleash your true potential
- Develop a team or organization that is connected, aligned – and manifests your organizations brand
- Create internal champions of transformation
- Break through self-imposed barriers and mediocrity
Accelerate Change / Achieve What Matters Most
In the past, change was episodic, transient, and gradual – now, change is constant as business, technology, and society itself continue to evolve at an ever more rapid pace. Accelerating change – igniting engagement, passion, ownership and creativity that is often lacking during times of change, can be accomplished using proven memorable and pragmatic principles. Learn why some organizations achieve and exceed desired results.
Leading change has become a critical competency in today’s economy. But there is a significant and crucial difference between leading and managing change – not only in the approach, but also more importantly in the results. The success, or lack thereof – with transformational change efforts hinges on a few key principles that have been identified, studied and validated.
Nearly 75% of large-scale change efforts fail, or produce mediocre results. By implementing proven change principles that have allowed teams and organizations around the globe to accelerate and sustain desired change – you gain a competitive advantage.
- Embrace the key change principles that are common among successful change efforts
- Understand the critical difference between leading and managing change – and the appropriate ratio required to accelerate change
- Ignite a heightened sense of urgency, accountability, and ownership – at all levels of your organization
- Discover what it takes to move employees from compliance to commitment – jettison resistance
- Learn how to create a ‘Want-To’ versus a ‘Have-To’ culture – a culture where change is embraced
- Avoid the primary pitfalls and traps that sabotage most change efforts
- Intensify agility, resilience and perseverance
Ignite Peak Performance / Create Your Optimal Culture
Culture, simply put – is the convergence of the way your employees think and act. That culture is producing your organization’s every result (financial, operational, customer, employee, etc.). If your future desired results are loftier, more difficult, or just different than those you are achieving today – will your current culture be able to deliver? Most often the results that teams and organizations must achieve in the future require employees to think – and act differently. Creating those ‘shifts’ in how employees think and act is what will propel your team or organization toward those desired results.
Your culture is your ‘brand.’ The experiences your culture creates (the manner in which your employees think and act) – will either reinforce that current ‘brand’ or evoke a new one. An organization’s (or team’s) culture is either an engine propelling it toward it’s desired results – or an anchor impeding and hindering it’s progress. You can define, lead and shape your optimal culture.
- Learn how to create shifts in the way employees think and act – so that your desired culture will flourish to achieve what matters most
- Understand how to identify the root cause of undesired cultural beliefs and actions – and how to infuse desired beliefs and actions
- Discover how to gain voluntary commitments from colleagues so they self-select desired actions – stop wasting time enforcing compliance around policies and procedures
- Develop a culture where employees ‘bring more of themselves’ to the workplace – trigger innovation and passion
- Create organizational laser-like focus on what matters most – eliminate confusion, misunderstanding, miscommunication, mistrust, frustration and indifference
Unleash Leadership Capability / Summon the Exemplary Leader at all Levels
Discover the practices demonstrated by exemplary leaders that result in others voluntarily choosing to follow them. Leadership is a choice and can be learned, nurtured, and refined – by employees at all levels. Grasp an understanding of the most desired leadership traits employees crave from their leaders – based upon 250,000 case studies.
Embrace memorable principles that can be put into practice immediately. Whatever the desired results you wish to achieve or challenges within your organization – employee engagement, culture change, breaking down silos, improving collaboration, raising employee morale, merging cultures, doing more with less – it is through your people that you will either succeed or fail. The manner in which your people behave is a reflection of leadership.
- Acquire proven tools, models and principles – to heighten and refine your untapped leadership potential
- Learn the five best practices demonstrated by exemplary leaders – and how you can apply them
- Discover the key elements of communicating a vision that lead to increased levels of commitment, engagement – and accountability
- Understand what it takes to cultivate a culture where employees ‘bring more of themselves’ to the workplace – where they are engaged, energized and flourish
- Embrace memorable principles that move employees – from compliance to commitment
- Learn to influence, transform and achieve any change that is most important – to you, your team, or your organization
- Discover what it takes to influence and inspire others – with or without positional authority
- Vanquish any existing degree of the ‘us’ versus ‘them’ mindset
Mike was great to work with in all respects - a true professional. He spent a lot of time getting to know our organization - and developed a message we would appreciate. Mike’s presentation was engaging and fun, while also having great content. Thanks!