Pamela talks about why having strategies that engage a client, customer, or colleague from the first minute to the last second is critical for success, especially in the virtual world.
Audiences learn to effectively display trustworthiness to improve and regulate the perception of peers, team members, and clients; Decode nonverbal cues that provide reliable feedback on how the other person is feeling, regardless of what they are communicating online.
Pamela has been a featured trust strategist and body language expert, contributing to print media, radio, and television news programs. Her TEDx Talk, What Drug Dealers Taught Me About Trust, was viewed more than 400,000 times in the first year.
About Pamela Barnum - Trust Strategist and Body Language Expert:
Imagine what it would be like to live as a different person with a different name, identity, and background. For months at a time, you’re living with a false identity, and your success depends on
building trust and detecting deception with some of the most dangerous people imaginable. That’s precisely what Pamela Barnum did for years working undercover in the Drug Enforcement Section. She learned real-world techniques for building trust and interpreting body language.
When Pamela graduated from law school, she left policing and accepted a position as a federal prosecuting attorney. She spent countless hours in the courtroom, perfecting her proficiency as a truststrategist and body language expert.
Following a successful 20-year career in the criminal justice system, Pamela studied corporate negotiations in graduate school. Now, she shares her expertise with others, teaching them how to
improve their communication skills to increase trust inside corporations, associations, and law enforcement agencies.
As a body language expert and trust strategist, Pamela delivers techniques once thought of like a “secret second language” that participants can begin using immediately.
Take decades of experience, including working deep undercover in narcotics, followed by a rewarding legal career, and you get real-world strategies that help participants crack the code on trust and improve professional relationships using proven field-tested techniques. Pamela shares her experience, research, and expertise with humor, candor, and energy, blending
actionable strategies with memorable stories.
She is also a featured expert and contributor in print media, radio and television news programs in Canada and the United States. She has appeared in person in front of audiences ranging from 50 - 12,000 and on countless virtual stages.
What Pamela Barnum Talks About:
Effective Virtual Communication Strategies: How to Build Trust & Increase Engagement
Within milliseconds our competence, credibility, and trustworthiness are judged. Virtual communication enhances the subtle nuances that either enhance or destroy our message. Having strategies that engage a client, customer, or colleague from the first minute to the last second is critical for our success in the virtual world.
There are several techniques you can implement to ensure engagement that leads to action and results. Pamela Barnum has developed techniques to increase participant trust and engagement before, during, and after a virtual presentation. Studies show that even when verbal expressions are strong, people still place more weight on the nonverbal cues when judging competence attitude, and trustworthiness during a virtual presentation.
- Effectively display trustworthiness to improve and regulate the perception of peers, team members, and clients.
- Communicate confidence and trustworthiness virtually in a way that makes people feel validated and appreciated.
- Decode nonverbal cues that provide reliable feedback on how the other person is feeling, regardless of what they are communicating online.
- Create a virtual environment that that fosters authenticity ad trust.
Crack the Code on Trust: Insider Investigative Techniques for Leaders
Studies show that the higher the level of trust, the more successful the outcome will be. Nonverbal communication is a significant data source used to make decisions around trust.
Using insider techniques, Pamela will help you and your organization Crack the Code on Trust by learning to:
- Accurately assess others nonverbal cues (body language). Discover and learn strategies used to build trust quickly and easily with anyone; including demanding clients, difficult customers, and challenging stakeholders.
- Behave in a way that communicates confidence and trustworthiness in every situation. Develop nonverbal communication techniques that make people feel validated and appreciated.
- Create an environment that fosters authenticity and trust – turning first impressions into winning impressions.
Undercover Leadership: Trust Starts with You
Your credibility, likability, and trustworthiness are evaluated within seconds. That means that even if you have rehearsed your words perfectly, and you say all the right things, if your body language is not in alignment with your words; you lose.
This presentation will help leaders with:
- Strategies that inspire courage from within, increasing trust in B2B and B2C relationships.
- Nonverbal techniques that communicate confidence within seconds, especially in challenging situations.
- Increase self-awareness to manage and access personal biases that may be holding you and your team back.
3D Trust in a 2D World: Innovative Approaches to Enhance Trust Virtually
Display trustworthiness to improve and regulate how you are perceived by others. Decode nonverbal cues that provide reliable feedback on how the other person is really feeling – regardless of what they are saying. Detect deception with a greater degree of accuracy using verbal and nonverbal techniques. How the Agenda Filter works, and when to use it. Learn the secret second language that’s been reserved for communication experts and law enforcement.
Using techniques developed as an undercover police officer and federal prosecuting attorney, Pamela will teach you and your organization how to use and interpret body language to negotiate better deals, improve important relationships, and build trust quickly and effectively.
This intriguing session encourages audience participation, provides strategic action steps, and is a lot of fun for everyone in attendance!
You will receive practical tools that can be used immediately to:
- Display trustworthiness to improve and regulate how you are perceived by others.
- Decode nonverbal cues that provide reliable feedback on how the other person is really feeling – regardless of what they are saying.
- Detect deception with a greater degree of accuracy using verbal and nonverbal techniques. How the Agenda Filter works, and when to use it.
3D Trust in a 2D World: Innovative Approaches to Enhance Trust Virtually
Within milliseconds, people judge your confidence, competence, and credibility. Virtual events and meetings enhance the subtle nuances that either enhance, or destroy your trustworthiness.
Participants will discover:
- Must do’s before the meeting or event begins.
- Nonverbal techniques and platforms leaders can use to increase engagements during the meeting or event.
- The top three nonverbal techniques that increase trust, and the top three that damage trust during virtual events and meetings – and they aren’t what you think.
Pamela delivers trust strategies in a way that engages, entertains - and inspires the audience to take immediate action. Each participant who attends will learn how to build real and sustainable trust using body language techniques that can be used in any situation.