About Vernice “FlyGirl” Armour - First African American Female Combat Pilot and Motivational Speaker:
Known simply as FlyGirl, Vernice “FlyGirl” Armour went from beat cop to combat pilot in 3 years. Within months of earning her wings, she found herself flying over the deserts of Iraq supporting the men and women on the ground. After serving two tours overseas, she had become America’s First African American Female Combat Pilot. After returning home, she realized that many people wanted to create breakthroughs in their own lives, they just didn’t know how.
From her experiences, she created a 7-step process called the Zero to Breakthrough Success Plan. She now travels extensively sharing this message through her keynotes, coaching and seminars. She is your battle-tested speaker and ignites audiences with a dynamic spark that can’t be extinguished. Lead your team through the execution of any plan by harnessing the power of a “Breakthrough Mentality”! From the moment she leaps into the audience, she shows attendees how to go from “Zero to Breakthrough” and create a personal flight plan utilizing her candid strategies to win on the battlefield of business and life!
Upon completion of two tours in Iraq and leaving the military, Vernice leveraged her “Breakthrough Mentality” mindset and launched VAI Consulting and Training, LLC. By applying the Zero to Breakthrough Success Plan to her own company, Vernice produced over six-figures in revenue within the first 12 months! Her passion is helping organizations and individuals create similar results.
As featured on Oprah Winfrey, CNN, Tavis Smiley, NPR and others, Vernice “FlyGirl” Armour’s fresh style and presentation methods have inspired hundreds of organizations and individuals. Vernice ultimately impacts organizations and individuals with an understanding of the passion and leadership required to excel. Through her keynotes, executive and group coaching, seminars and executive retreats, Vernice conveys her message of Zero to Breakthrough utilizing her unique insight and life strategy: “You HAVE permission to Engage…CLEARED HOT!”
An honorary Doctorate of Laws was conferred on Vernice from Chancellor University in 2010. She has also received awards as a pioneering pilot, to include her commanding role in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM). She was the Marine Corps’ first African American Female pilot, first African American woman on the Nashville Police Department's motorcycle squad, Camp Pendleton's 2001 Female Athlete of the Year, two-time titleholder in Camp Pendleton's annual Strongest Warrior Competition, and a running back for the San Diego Sunfire women's professional football team. Vernice’s signature book is Zero to Breakthrough.
- Harness the power of a ‘Breakthrough Mentality’ mindset
- Lead through mentorship
- Leverage functional and individual diversity as a strategic advantage
- Create breakthroughs for their teams with five simple steps
- Infuse passion in your life professionally and personally!
- Recognize and utilize the skills and talents of everyone around you
- Lead a Zero to Breakthrough life with a ‘Breakthrough Mentality’ as the foundation
- Unleash your full potential no matter where you are personally starting from
- How Passion, Purpose & Positive Steps create breakthrough results and shape your destiny
- The Tangibility of Possibility
- Delay is not Denial and to Retreat does not mean Defeat
- How to ignite your spark and make YOUR dreams a reality!
- Know your people and harness the power, skills and talents of the team
- Unleash the full potential of diversity to impact the bottom line
- Effectively tap into the power of the Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Teach everyone to be an ambassador for diversity
- Create a culture that values and respects all team members: One Mission, One Goal, One Team!
I was so inspired, I hit the ground running with several ideas that I have been planning for months now…
Bank of America
For more information about this speaker:
Call toll-free on 1-866-727-7555
Or, email your request.