About Afterburner, Inc. - Accelerating Individual & Team Performance and Building Organizational Culture:
Afterburner, Inc. trains global organizations to accelerate their performance and ensure a higher success rate for their strategic objectives. Afterburner’s full client list includes more than 150 U.S. Fortune 500 companies from which over 1.7 million business leaders have experienced an Afterburner program - and rated their experience an average of 9.2 out of 10. Afterburner specializes in strategic and agile planning and continuous improvement through building a culture of learning, accountability and proven execution - in accordance with a simple, scalable improvement process model, Flawless Execution. Afterburner’s Flawless ExecutionTM framework provides the necessary structures, collaboration, and teamwork to close the Execution Gap – the gap between what an organization plans to do and what it actually achieves. Founded in 1996 by former U.S. Air Force fighter pilot James “Murph” Murphy, Afterburner has ranked among Inc. Magazine’s “Inc. 500 List of America’s Fastest Growing Companies” three times - and has been featured in leading publications like the Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Business Week, Atlanta Business Chronicle, Financial Times, Newsweek, and Meetings and Conventions Magazine. Afterburner has also appeared on CNN, CNBC, Fox News, and Bloomberg News, among others.
The Flawless Execution model:
- Plan - The plan starts with an objective that is clear, measurable and achievable and supports your company's overall strategy
- Brief - You communicate the plan. It is essential that people on the front lines know exactly what is expected of them. Businesses ignore this, often at their peril
- Execute - Even with a solid plan and a good brief, a mission can still fail due to task saturation or task overload. Task saturation is the reality or perception of having too much to do without the time or resources to accomplish it. Even with the resources people still have to manage conflicting priorities. We know that as task saturation increases, performance decreases; therefore, at Afterburner we help teams combat task saturation by identifying resources and managing priorities
- Debrief - The last step is the debriefing. After each mission, fighter pilots hold a nameless, rankless debrief. Each person, without fear of reprimand, rehashes what worked, what did not work and why both the good events and the bad events happened. We then take the key lessons learned from the debrief and apply them to the next plan. Debriefing speeds up learning. It lets us fine tune the processes that ensure success
- Win! - Our goal is to win by aligning your team around a disciplined, scalable process in order to achieve business results
Afterburner Program Topics:
Flawless Execution – A Fighter Pilot’s Secret to Business Success
In this session your group will learn how fighter pilots attack their missions in both training and combat. This keynote includes both a main speaker and a wingman fighter pilot and is highly customized to meet the needs of your audience.
- Plan – Learn how fighter pilots plan for a mission using the
Six Steps to Effective Combat Mission planning
- Brief – Communicate the plan to maximize the quality of front-line execution
- Execute – Discover how fighter pilots ensure flawless execution in their missions by eliminating performance-draining task saturation
- Debrief – Implement nameless/rankless feedback sessions in your squadron to guarantee maximum learning
The Afterburner Day
This is an interactive, hands-on experience where your team will compare the similar situations faced in business and in air combat. During the Afterburner Day, your group will work side by side with some of America’s top fighter pilots and learn how they excel in the business of combat.
The day begins in the main briefing room where you will learn how fighter pilots adapt to change, assess risk, and prepare for their mission using the six steps to combat mission planning. Suddenly, an urgent telegram will interrupt the briefing and alert your team that they have been attacked by a coalition of hostile competitors. Your fighter pilots will split into squadrons (breakout groups of 15) where, with the help of their Afterburner facilitator, they will have one hour to formulate a plan to regain your market share. Leadership, teamwork, and communication will allow each group to overcome the challenges of this dynamic mission planning exercise. The Afterburners use SCUD missile attacks, intruders, and information overload to closely parallel today’s task saturated work environment in a fun, new format that ensures a lasting impression. After utilizing these tools for planning and execution, your team will discover how fighter pilots learn from their mistakes through an effective debrief. The Afterburners nameless/rankless debriefs shed new light on how your associates can identify and learn from costly mistakes.
(The Afterburner Day is a half- or full-day event; group sizes 12-1,000).
Rapid Planning Workshop
The Rapid Planning Workshop can be added to any keynote or Afterburner Day. Participants will take away how to develop quick, tactical plans using our combat-proven planning process. Individually or in small functional groups, participants identify a can’t fail mission to begin applying flawless execution. Using the Six Steps to Mission Planning, the Afterburner team will help the participants plan out a road map for success. The individuals will identify a clear, measurable achievable mission objective, threats, resources, lessons learned from previous missions and develop a course of action that will yield success. When your group leaves, everyone will have a plan that they can begin executing the very next day. But more than just a plan, participants will walk away equipped with a new planning process that enables them to create strong plans quickly for flawless performance in tight time lines.
(The Rapid Planning Workshop must be booked with a keynote).
The business impact that Afterburner had has improved leadership competency, communication, results, and increase in empowering others.
View Similar Speakers
For more information about this speaker:
Call toll-free on 1-866-727-7555
Or, email your request.