Dr. Mary C. Kelly
About Dr. Mary C. Kelly Ph.D., CSP, CDR, US Navy (Ret.), CPAE - Author, International Speaker on Economic and Leadership Development & Business Growth:
From Dr. Mary C. Kelly's days as a naval intelligence officer to her role as one of today’s most influential economists, Commander/Dr. Mary C. Kelly has carved out an unforgettable career in leadership. Former chief of police, professor, realtor and HR Director - Mary has spent over 25 years teaching and training more than 40,000 military and civilian personnel. Mary is now on a mission to spread and communicate her message of success with audiences worldwide, sharing with them the secrets to being a true leader in today’s workplace.
A high-energy keynote speaker, Mary is focussed on using research, laughter, and experience to show professionals how to excel. Mary’s relatable, no-nonsense approach inspires audiences to embrace their roles, surpass their goals - and plan for the future.
Mary is the author of 13 books on business growth, leadership, and today’s economy. She is a speaker, coach and trainer who has worked with hundreds of organizations and companies across the globe.
What Dr. Mary C. Kelly Talks About:
P.I.V.O.T. – Strategic and Tactical Leadership Through a Crisis to Grow Your Business
Do you know the 6 stages of responses during a crisis? When facing a crisis, most people remain in stages 1-4 of the 6 stages. This is normal and instinctive as people move to protect what is closest to them. There is a silver lining. Every crisis is a catalyst for innovation, creativity, invention, and advancement. This is why leaders have to be in stages 5 and 6. Stages 5 and 6 is where leaders find the opportunities.
In this engaging and entertaining program, Mary uses lessons from the Gulf Wars and 9-11 to get us through the painful aspects of our challenges, embrace change, and turn disruption into evolution.
- How can we move our mindset into stages 5 and 6?
- How do we brainstorm to find the opportunities?
- How do we provide the right leadership that allows our people to thrive during adversity?
- How do we encourage creative problem-solving to increase profitability?
- Define your PURPOSE with an unshakeable plan
- INSPIRE your team to innovate, invent, and influence in your market
- Rate your situational and employee VOLATILITY factors
- Identify OPPORTUNITIES in ever-changing environments
- Embrace new TOOLS, TECHNOLOGY, and TRAINING to ensure success
Who Comes Next?
Leadership Succession Planning Made Easy
75 million baby boomers are reaching retirement age in the next several years. Whether you are one of them or one of the many leaders who will be navigating the changes, it is imperative that you have a plan.
Join economist and leadership expert, Dr. Mary Kelly, as she explains how the right succession plan will attract top talent, develop leadership skills and guarantee success for the next decade and beyond. Get out of panic mode and into a culture of continuous leadership development.
- Understand what a comprehensive succession plan is, and why it’s a must-have for your business
- Gain the knowledge needed to compete in today’s marketplace
- Challenge your beliefs of what true leadership means
- Learn to share your experience to create a legacy
- Prepare a customized succession plan ready for immediate implementation
Why Leaders Fail and the 7 Prescriptions for Success
Forget the last leadership program you sat through. In Dr. Mary Kelly’s most popular keynote, the audience will dive directly into the everyday mistakes that are costing supervisors, managers and CEO’s time, money and even their reputations.
These are the new rules, the seven positive steps to success that are crucial for every leader to embrace:
- Understand why your top talent is not performing to their potential
- Learn specific actions that lead to short and long-term success
- Control how you are perceived by your team, peers and superiors
- Identify behaviors that are sabotaging the loyalty and productivity of the people working around you
Futurenomics: The Economic Snapshot You Need to See Today
Changes in interest rates, imports, investments, housing trends, trade, and tariffs…do today’s news headlines have your stomach in knots? What do the changes in the current economy mean for your business? What do they mean for your own career? Heck, what do they mean for your family?
Join Dr. Mary Kelly, one of the world’s most valued economists, as she exposes the true meaning of the current economic structure and what that means for your organization’s future.
- Learn to operate and make decisions from facts and data, not emotions
- Understand what the changes in international trade mean for your industry
- Gain a valuable understanding of today’s economy to improve profits and safeguard your businesses’ bottom line
- Prepare your team for what is to come in 2025 and beyond
Master Your World: Today’s Game Plan for Maximum Profits, Peak Productivity, and Top Communication
We hear the word leadership a lot around the office. But, do we understand what it means to be a leader – regardless of our job title or our place on the ladder? Leadership isn’t just a plan for the supervisors and CEOs. Leadership is a set of principles that affects every employee, every team member, and every consumer. Leadership is what differentiates the ordinary from the amazing.
Would you like to know if your employees are searching LinkedIn for their next job? Or, if your boss has your back at the board meeting? Dr. Mary Kelly has some surprising insight into these questions as she guides you through a session that is a true investment in yourself and your career.
- Understand how leadership creates a productive and constructive team
- Learn how loyalty and relationships affect your bottom line
- Realize what most employees say they are not getting from their supervisors and leaders that causes them to leave
- Create a culture of dynamic communication
You’ve seen the statistics….
More than 45% of today’s workforce are millennials. Ten thousand boomers are retiring each day. There are six million vacant job opportunities in the US.
Companies are on a race to secure the right talent that will ensure their business survives the shifting workforce. Team leaders are navigating the new ways of the workplace….remote work, less direct communication, employee loneliness, and dissatisfaction. It’s a brave new world and you’ve got to be A.R.M.E.D.
In one of Mary’s most popular keynotes, you’ll learn to:
Attract the right customers and people to your organization
Recruit/Retain the right talent to serve customers and create experiences
Mentor/Manage current and emerging leaders to full potential
Evolve forward-thinking leadership as the corporate culture
Develop teams and talent for future success
CLASSIFIED! The Military’s Top Secret Leadership Secrets
Ridiculous gossip, petty competitions, office drama…it’s the stuff you tell your family members about over the dinner table. We laugh and exchange knowing glances, but it’s also what’s keeping your organization from being successful. Workplace distractions, desire for credit, and personal agendas are what stops your team from being productive and accomplishing their goals. Goals are something that the military knows a lot about!
Did you ever wonder how the armed forces deal with these challenges in tough situations? How does the military turn inexperience into cooperative and successful team members? Retired Navy Commander, Dr. Mary C. Kelly lets you in on the top secrets of the military and how they can turn your team around.
Mary will give you the information to:
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of those around you
- Learn to work together to set and surpass goals
- Conquer the obstacles that are poisonous to a productive workplace
- Communicate with each generation, personality, and background
15 Surefire Ways to Grow Your Business in Every Economy
Still on edge from 2007? Anxious about political turmoil? The economy is an ever-shifting giant that can greatly affect the way we run our business and even our lives. Don’t be reactionary to the ups and downs of the market – learn what you can do to build and grow your business in any economy.
In this in-demand session you’ll learn to:
- Put together a concise and effective business plan
- Manage and optimize the strengths and weaknesses of your team
- Embrace people’s differences and differentiation
- Take action to better engage those around you
- Optimize your business relationships to ensure your career is viable and thriving
Audience members get access to Mary’s 5-minute Teamwork Success Series Plans to fix problems instead of blame, coalesce diversity, and get people focus on the strategic vision.
Iceberg ahead! Navigating the World of Business & Leadership
In this uplifting and inspiring keynote, Dr. Mary Kelly gives you a peek into the lessons she has learned about leadership over a decades-long career in the Navy, corporate America and beyond. Mary delights in getting down to business and sharing what most employees wish their leaders knew.
With encouraging stories and true tales from the armed forces, you’ll learn to:
- Communicate like a champ
- Embrace the strengths of your teammates
- Motivate staff with little or no budget
- Take on a new role with grace and ease
What an inspirational speaker!!! Mary spoke in real life terms making the engagement more than worthwhile. Her enthusiasm for life and goodwill was contagious. Mary was a highlight of the CEMA conference. I learned so much from her is just a brief time.
Colorado Emergency Management Association
For more information about this speaker:
Call toll-free on 1-866-727-7555
Or, email your request.