Erica talks about how to break team silos, drive exponential growth and innovate through teamwork.
Audiences leave her presentations with the tools to break down silos and keep teams aligned, accountable, and motivated both in-person and online, and how to create a culture of collaboration and innovation
Erica is the Founder & CEO of Cotential, co-author of the bestselling book Get Big Things Done: The Power of Connectional Intelligence, and was named by Thinkers50 as “The Oprah of Management Ideas."
Past clients include: Coldwell Banker, McDonalds, World Economic Forum Annual Meeting at Davos, Google, The Walt Disney Company, Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield, The United States Army, Bank of America, The Miami Heat, The Association for Talent Development, and Lockheed Martin.
About Erica Dhawan - Leading Authority on Collaboration and Innovation
Erica Dhawan is the world’s leading authority on 21st-century Collaboration and Connectional Intelligence.
She challenges audiences and organizations to innovate faster and further, together. Her newest book – Digital Body Language – decodes the new signals and cues of effective collaboration and teamwork in a digital-first human workplace.
Erica Dhawan is the Founder & CEO of Cotential, a global organization that helps companies, leaders, and managers leverage 21st-century collaboration skills and behaviors to improve game-changing performance.
She is the also the co-author of the bestselling book Get Big Things Done: The Power of Connectional Intelligence, named #1 on What Corporate America is Reading. Dhawan was named by Thinkers50 as “The Oprah of Management Ideas” and featured as one of the Top 20 Management Experts around the world by GlobalGurus. She hosts the award-winning podcast ‘Masters of Leadership.’ Erica speaks on global stages ranging from the World Economic Forum at Davos to TED and for companies such as Coca-Cola, FedEx, Goldman Sachs, Walmart, SAP, and Cisco. Erica writes for Harvard Business Review, Forbes, and Fast Company. She has degrees from Harvard University, MIT Sloan, and The Wharton School.
Erica is based in Manhattan, where she lives with her husband and two children. She travels internationally for events and offers virtual keynotes and workshops.
What Erica Dhawan Talks About: Get Big Things Done:
Maniacal Clarity: Reimagine Leadership to Drive Impactful Innovation
We used to think of leadership as constant hustle and grit – the leader that never slept, sent profits through the roof, and embodied the classic rags-to-riches story… But this tired playbook doesn’t seem to work as well as it once did. What changed? What makes a 21st century leader and a great team now? Is it their ability to tell stories? Their decision-making skills? Their communication style?
The critical missing factor is Maniacal Clarity. This is when leaders give their teams exactly what they need to do their absolute best work and enable them to be empowered to influence anyone, anytime, anywhere. Without it, even skilled, motivated and effective teams languish, with cross-team dysfunction, duplicative work, and unhealthy internal competition. Maniacal Clarity in our modern world delivers the ability to spark overarching optimism, inspirational imagination, continuous courage and fast focus.
In her keynote, WSJ bestselling author and world-renowned speaker Erica Dhawan constructs a new framework for truly shifting minds and changing hearts, in the office, across any distance and with customers. Based on years of research and advising the respected companies around the world, this keynote promises a ground-breaking look into the science, frameworks, and stories of how to inspire anyone, anytime, anywhere to deliver their best results.
- Conduct your own clarity audit of your workplace and assess your own Maniacal Clarity habits
- Learn the 4 foundations of Maniacal Clarity and how to bring it to everyone around you with optimism, imagination, courage and focus
- Assess your strengths and opportunities to become a Maniacal Clarity change agent
- Develop an action plan to inspire your teams, customers, and the world around you to drive performance, teamwork and innovation
The Power of Connectional Intelligence
We live in a world of endless meetings, emails, and constant cross-team dysfunction, duplication and delays. Our collaboration skills aren’t always working to unlock better value in our business. As radical a concept as Emotional Intelligence was in the 90s, Connectional Intelligence is turning people into superconnectors who accelerate innovation, break down silos and foster breakthrough bottom line impact by harnessing the power of networks.
- Learn successful tactics to address communication overload and foster authentic, innovation-driving relationships
- Discover tools to break down silos and keep teams aligned, accountable, and motivated both in-person and online
- Gain specific actions to foster loyalty, respect, collaboration, and innovation across stakeholder networks, regardless of physical distance
Digital Body Language: Collaborate Faster and Further, Together
Email replies that show up a week later. Video chats full of “oops… sorry no you go” and “can you hear me?!” Ambiguous text-messages. Is it any wonder communication takes us so much time and effort to figure out? How did we lose our innate capacity to understand each other? Humans rely on body language to connect and build trust, but with most of our communication happening from behind a screen, traditional body language signals are no longer visible – or are they? In her keynote, Erica combines cutting edge research with engaging storytelling to decode the new signals and cues that have replaced traditional body language. In person, we lean in, uncross our arms, smile, nod and make eye contact to show we listen and care. Online, reading carefully is the new listening. Writing clearly is the new empathy. And a phone or video call is worth a thousand emails. In this keynote, Erica will supercharge your teams with collectively understood rules that foster connection, build trust and drive innovation.
- Understand your collaboration style and the digital body language signals you may be broadcasting (even if you don’t intend to!)
- Create cultures of maniacal clarity across email, phone, IM, text, video and even live meetings
- Develop a collaboration strategy that fosters valuable relationships, both in-person and online
- End cultures of useless meetings, missed deadlines, and digital misunderstandings
Concrete Empathy: A Playbook for Leading Modern Teams to Innovation
We live in a culture defined by a distinct empathy deficit: The boss who expresses displeasure without giving valuable feedback. The mansplaining colleague who has no interest in the opinions of others. The team member who spends most of the meeting texting and answering emails. Why is empathy today at such a low point? Fewer face-to-face interactions, an ever-accelerating pace of change, and an increasing number of matrixed teams working remotely. In this keynote, attendees will learn practical ways to activate Concrete Empathy to create cultures of psychological safety, employee engagement, wellbeing and innovation.
- Discover simple ways to signal understanding and empathy across difference and distance
- Learn rules of thumb to avoid misunderstanding, ambiguity, and conflict
- Gain tools to foster innovation and create lasting relationships both within your organization and with clients, customers and other key stakeholders
Terrific. Our leaders were very engaged and had immediate practical takeaways. Erica made a big impact.