About Margie Warrell - Global Thought Leader in Human Potential and Brave Leadership:
Margie Warrell is the author of four bestselling books, of which all of the titles reflect her passion for emboldening people to lead braver and more purposeful lives: Find Your Courage, Stop Playing Safe, Brave, and Make Your Mark.
Margie has needed to find her courage many times since growing up one of seven children on a dairy farm in rural Australia. Personal adversity, backpacking solo around the world, starting a business with four children under five: all have taught her valuable lessons in building resilience, challenging norms and embracing change.
Today, Margie draws on her background in Fortune 500 business, coaching and psychology to equip people with the mindset, strategies and skills essential to lead themselves and others to better outcomes.
Margie's international experience has found her working with diverse organizations from NASA and the United Nations Foundation to British Telecom, Berkshire Hathaway and the Australian Federal Police.
A member of the Advisory Board of Forbes School of Business & Technology, Margie is also adjunct faculty at Duke Executive Education and has guest lectured at Columbia, Georgetown and her alma mater, Monash University in Australia.
A Forbes contributor and host of the Live Brave Podcast, Margie has been described as an ‘international authority on brave leadership’ by the Wall Street Journal. Her insights have also been shaped by her work and interviews with leaders such as Sir Richard Branson, Steve Forbes, Bill Marriott, Australian Prime Minister John Howard and Oliver Stone. Margie has also co-authored two other books with Stephen Covey, Jack Canfield and Ken Blanchard. Aside from keynotes, Margie is also often asked to add a panel session (panelist or moderator), VIP reception, town hall/fireside chat with the CEO as an example.
A passionate advocate for gender equality and inclusive leadership, in 2010 Margie founded Global Courage to embolden braver leadership and advance more women to decision-making tables. She is a Women’s Economic Forum honoree and Ambassador for Women in Global Business and Google’s Womenwill.
An adventurous spirit at heart, Margie has lived around the world - from the wilds of Papua New Guinea to Washington, D.C. - and traveled widely. She has crossed the Sahara Desert, stayed in Palestinian refugee camps, hiked the Inca trail and Himalayas, swam with piranhas in the Amazon and, perhaps bravest of all, cycled across Beijing. Last but not least, Margie is also the mother of four intrepid teenage children and enjoys sharing adventures with them and her husband Andrew of 25 years - most recently, summiting Mt. Kilimanjaro.
What Margie Warrell Talks About:
Rethink Risk, Embrace Discomfort & Lead From Possibility
How exceptional leaders harness the potential in themselves and others
Empower your leaders with a deeper sense of purpose, passion, courage and confidence. Drawing on the latest research in leadership and neuroscience, plus interviews with some of the world’s most respected change makers, Margie will get to the heart of what undermines leadership effectiveness, sharing science-based strategies to:
- Engage people around a compelling ‘Why’ that taps ingenuity and counters anxiety
- Foster a ‘risk-ready’ growth mindset to thrive under pressure and fail forward faster
- Identify blind spots that undermine effective decision making
- Embrace vulnerability to engage in the crucial conversations too often avoided
CULTURE OF COURAGE
Harness The Full Force Of Ingenuity And Collaboration To Make Change Stick
Build psychological safety to foster engagement, loyal disruption and bold thinking
The greatest threat to organizational growth and change is the fear that stifles ingenuity, fuels risk aversion and drives highly capable people to make short-sighted decisions. Margie will share powerful research-backed frameworks to equip leaders with strategies for cultivating a ‘culture of courage’ that harnesses human capital, encourages the disruptive thinking needed to find opportunity amid change and uncertainty.
- Counter the unconscious biases that derail most change initiatives
- Build the ‘loyal disruption’ needed to challenge outdated paradigms that stifle innovation
- Create unconscious inclusion that harnesses the full value of diversity
- Foster the growth mindset to ‘fail forward’ and innovate faster
MAKE YOUR MARK
Dare To Make The Difference Your Difference Makes
Finding the courage to pursue the boldest vision for your life
One of the key regrets of the dying is that they lived too safe and risked too little. In this inspiring keynote, Margie will draw on her diverse life experiences and hard won wisdom to inspire your audience to take action to live bigger, braver and more meaningful lives.
- Power and presence: Align your language, focus and physiology to bring your best self to your biggest challenges
- Three questions to discover your ‘Why’ and live on purpose
- Quiet your inner critic and get comfortable being uncomfortable
- Upgrade your mental maps to get back ‘on course’
- Forget perfect: How to get off your own back and begin anew
BRAVE WOMEN RISING
Unleashing The Force Of Feminine Leadership
For women who want to do more & be more but too often doubt they can
Despite the compelling case to have more women seated at decision-making tables, too few still are. The reasons for the ‘leaky pipeline’ are many and the solutions complex, yet one thing is certain: empowering women to challenge gender norms and step into their power as change makers is not just the right thing to do, it’s commercially smart. Margie will draw on her PhD research and personal experiences of challenging gender norms to provide strategies to:
- Align the three fundamentals of power to speak with impact, power and presence
- Embrace authentic leadership to counter gender bias and double-binds
- Identify your blind spots that fuel imposter syndrome and perpetuate self-doubt
- Sponsors and mentors: diversifying your network to open crucial doors
- Elevate the sisterhood: amplify the collective female voice
Margie’s ideas, perspective and ability to deliver highly engaging and empowering sessions for leaders of all levels from diverse backgrounds is impressive!
Edweena Stratton, VP Employee Success, Salesforce
View Similar Speakers
For more information about this speaker:
Call toll-free on 1-866-727-7555
Or, email your request.