About Margie Warrell - Global Thought Leader in Human Potential, Leading Change & Brave Leadership:
Margie Warrell is currently completing her PhD in the interplay of gender, power and leadership, Margie’s work draws on the latest research in positive and behavioural psychology, neuro-leadership - and organizational change.
Margie has needed to find her courage many times since growing up one of seven children on a dairy farm in rural Australia. Personal adversity, backpacking solo around the world, starting a business with four children under five: all have taught her valuable lessons in building resilience, challenging norms and embracing change.
The author of four best-selling books - of which all of the titles reflect her passion for emboldening people to lead braver and more purposeful lives: Train the Brave, Make Your Mark, Stop Playing Safe, and Find Your Courage. Margie's forthcoming book You’ve Got This! The Life-Changing Power of Trusting Yourself (Wiley) - is slated for release on 16-Mar-2020. Make a note to self to obtain your copy of Margie's next best-seller!
A passionate advocate for gender equality and inclusive leadership, in 2010 Margie founded Global Courage to embolden braver leadership - and advance more women to decision-making tables. She is a Women’s Economic Forum honoree and Ambassador for Women in Global Business and Google’s Womenwill.
Today, Margie draws on her background in Fortune 500 business, coaching and psychology to equip people with the mindset, strategies and skills - to lead themselves and others to better outcomes.
Margie's international experience has found her working with diverse organizations from NASA and the United Nations Foundation to British Telecom, Berkshire Hathaway and the Australian Federal Police.
A member of the Advisory Board of Forbes School of Business & Technology, Margie is also adjunct faculty at Duke Executive Education - and has guest lectured at Columbia, Georgetown and her alma mater, Monash University in Australia.
A Forbes contributor and host of the Live Brave Podcast, Margie has been described as an ‘international authority on brave leadership’ by the Wall Street Journal. Her insights have also been shaped by her work and interviews with leaders such as Richard Branson, Steve Forbes, Bill Marriott, Australian Prime Minister John Howard and Oliver Stone. Margie has also co-authored two other books with Stephen Covey, Jack Canfield and Ken Blanchard.
An adventurous spirit at heart, Margie has lived around the world - from the wilds of Papua New Guinea to Washington D.C. - and travelled widely. She has crossed the Sahara Desert, stayed in Palestinian refugee camps, hiked the Inca trail and Himalayas, swam with piranhas in the Amazon - and, perhaps bravest of all, cycled across Beijing. Last but not least, Margie is also the mother of four intrepid teenage children and enjoys sharing adventures with them and her husband Andrew of 25 years - most recently, summiting Mt Kilimanjaro.
What Margie Warrell Talks About:
You’ve Got This! Take the Lead
Stop doubting, start daring – and take the lead the charge on change. No one is immune to fear. Yet too often those who have the ability to lead change – for themselves and others, let their doubts call the shots driving them to second guess their decisions, underestimate their abilities and hold back from taking the actions that will produce better outcomes and bigger possibilities.
Drawing on the latest research as well as Margie’s extensive global experience emboldening leaders to trust themselves more deeply and doubt themselves less often, this keynote will amplify the impact of your employees as change-agents – in their teams, organizations, and beyond.
Attendees with learn proven strategies to:
- Dispute self-limiting doubts and combat imposter syndrome
- Build confidence by embracing discomfort as a pre-requisite for success
- Stay grounded amid uncertainty – and harness emotional contagions to spread calm and can-do optimism
- Connect more authentically and build stronger, high-trust relationships
- Play from one’s strengths and thrive under pressure
- Create rituals that build resilience to stay on purpose, thrive under pressure – and fail forward faster
Brave Leadership – Rethink Risk, Embrace Discomfort & Lead From Possibility
Learn how exceptional leaders harness the potential in themselves and others. Empower your leaders with a deeper sense of purpose, passion, courage and confidence. Drawing on the latest research in leadership and neuroscience, plus interviews with some of the world’s most respected change makers – Margie will get to the heart of what undermines leadership effectiveness, sharing science-based strategies to:
- Engage people around a compelling ‘Why’ that taps ingenuity and counters anxiety
- Foster a ‘risk-ready’ growth mindset to thrive under pressure and fail forward faster
- Identify blind spots that undermine effective decision-making
- Embrace vulnerability to engage in the crucial conversations too often avoided
Culture of Courage – Harness the Full Force of Ingenuity and Collaboration to Make Change Stick
Build psychological safety to foster engagement, loyal disruption – and bold thinking. The greatest threat to organizational growth and change is the fear that stifles ingenuity, fuels risk aversion – and drives highly capable people to make short-sighted decisions. Margie will share powerful research-backed frameworks – to equip leaders with strategies for cultivating a ‘culture of courage’ that harnesses human capital, encourages the disruptive thinking needed to find opportunity amid change and uncertainty.
Attendees will learn to:
- Counter the unconscious biases that derail most change initiatives
- Build the ‘loyal disruption’ needed to challenge outdated paradigms that stifle innovation
- Create unconscious inclusion that harnesses the full value of diversity
- Foster the growth mindset to ‘fail forward’ and innovate faster
Make Your Mark – Dare to Make the Difference Your Difference Makes
Margie will discuss finding the courage to pursue the boldest vision for your life. One of the key regrets of the dying is that they lived too safe – and risked too little. In this inspiring keynote, Margie will draw on her diverse life experiences and hard won wisdom – to inspire your audience to take action to live bigger, braver and more meaningful lives.
- Power and presence: align your language, focus and physiology – to bring your best self to your biggest challenges
- Three questions to discover your ‘Why’ and live on purpose
- Quiet your inner critic – and get comfortable being uncomfortable
- Upgrade your mental maps to get back ‘on course’
- Forget perfect – how to get off your own back and begin anew
Brave Women Rising – Unleashing the Force of Feminine Leadership
For women who want to do more – and be more but too often doubt they can. Despite the compelling case to have more women seated at decision-making tables, too few still are. The reasons for the ‘leaky pipeline’ are many and the solutions complex, yet one thing is certain – empowering women to challenge gender norms and step into their power as change makers is not just the right thing to do, it’s commercially smart. Margie will draw on her PhD research and personal experiences of challenging gender norms to provide strategies to:
- Align the three fundamentals of power to speak with impact, power – and presence
- Embrace authentic leadership to counter gender bias and double-binds
- Identify your blind spots that fuel imposter syndrome – and perpetuate self-doubt
- Sponsors and mentors – diversifying your network to open crucial doors
- Elevate the sisterhood – amplify the collective female voice
Margie Warrell is an international authority on courageous action – in business, leadership and life.
WALL STREET JOURNAL
View Similar Speakers
For more information about this speaker:
Call toll-free on 1-866-727-7555
Or, email your request.