About Nick Tasler - #1 Best-selling Author and Speaker on Leading Change:
Nick Tasler is an internationally acclaimed thought leader, organizational psychologist and the #1 best-selling author of four counter-intuitive books on the art and science of making decisions and leading change.
Nick is a Leadership Columnist for the Harvard Business Review, a guest lecturer at the Wharton School and his research and insights have been featured by The New York Times, Bloomberg BusinessWeek, NPR, BBC, NBC, CBS and other leading media outlets around the world.
Over the last 20 years as a management consultant at Accenture, the head of R&D at the think tank TalentSmart, and now as the CEO and founder of Decision Pulse, Nick has been inspiring thousands of teams and leaders from the shop-floor to the C-suites - to create faster, nimbler, and more profitable organizations. By helping them react to change more strategically and decisively, Nick’s original insights and dynamic style have benefited the world’s most respected organizations ranging from General Electric and JP Morgan Chase to Microsoft, Wells Fargo, UnitedHealth Group, Yale University and many more. Nomadic by nature, Nick and his wife and their four kids live in…lots of places. Sometimes Minnesota. Sometimes Florida. Currently, Puerto Rico.
What Nick Tasler Speaks About:
Unleash the Future in You…One Decision at a Time
The future of you and everyone you know will be made with two key ingredients: Fate and Freedom. Fate is about all the opportunities and threats that will cross your path or plunk you upside the head. Freedom is about the decisions you’ll make in order to leverage every twist of fate that weaves itself into your life and your work–the good and the bad; the ugly and the beautiful.
In this engaging talk, Nick Tasler will show you an elegantly simple 5-decision framework for capitalizing on chance, maximizing your creativity, and unleashing your true potential as a leader and a human being.
- Accept: Every story of successful adaptation and innovation begins with a decision to accept the reality of what you can’t control, while embracing the possibility of what you can.
- Distance: Distance your team with a future dream. An inspiring high-level direction is still the ultimate antidote to the poison of crippling anxiety.
- Align: Adaptation is a team sport. Keep your your people connected by aligning every one with a #1.
- Progress: Progress is to human adaptation, what rocket fuel is to space exploration. When teams think big, but start small, anything is possible.
- Test: When the environment flips from well-known to WTH, long term plans need to make room for short term experiments.
There has never been a better time to make your dent in the universe than right now. The question is how? The answer: One decision at a time.
Breakout Title: 7 Simple Strategies For Maximizing Your Impact…One Decision at a Time
Building on the discoveries you’ll make during Nick Tasler’s keynote, this interactive breakout session will reveal how to merge your distant dreams with your daily demands by revealing simple techniques for thinking more strategically and acting more decisively. You’ll learn how to optimize your time and resources; how to explore the future instead of fearing it; and how to become the You, you most want to be.
The Adaptive Leader: Leading Transformational Change…One Decision at a Time
Change happens when decisions happen. Change stalls when they don’t. It really is that simple. Decisions are the most basic building blocks of growth and innovation. The more strategically and decisively leaders can get their teams to stack those blocks – the faster and more effectively the organization will adapt to disruptions, implement creative solutions, and optimize their resources.
Over the last 20 years, organizational psychologist and #1 best-selling author, Nick Tasler, has helped leaders around the globe unlock their change leadership potential…one decision at a time. Nick’s flagship program has been experienced as a keynote or an interactive workshop by tens of thousands of leaders from London to Lagos, Boston to Bangkok, and San Francisco to Santiago – including everyone from Fortune 500 executives and top-producing sales teams to healthcare providers and entrepreneurs. In this exciting experience, leaders up and down the organizational hierarchy will discover how to:
- Make good decisions faster with an elegantly simple Know-Think-Do framework
- Bridge the gap between strategy & execution by making 3 crystal clear decisions
- Use a Decision Pulse to instantly align their teams for change
- Leverage an “Anti-You” to quickly and easily improve snap judgments and achieve cross-functional alignment
- Stay in a confident, creative, and decisive mindset all day, every day
- Identify and kill “important” projects that distract their teams from your most innovative solutions
- To use a Value-Variance Matrix to channel innovations that make your team truly unique to both your internal and external customers.
Resilient Teams: Shattering the Myths (and Revealing the Secrets) of Highly Adaptive Groups and Individuals
Change is hard. Failure is likely. Resistance is common. To paraphrase Mark Twain, these lies, damned lies and pseudo-statistics have gone viral in today’s break-rooms and board meetings. Some are dangerous half-truths while others are complete fabrications with zero supporting evidence. Research shows that all these bogus bromides and pithy platitudes have been scaring the shift out of talented employees and stifling organizational change for the last half century. Instead of inspiring change they have paralyzed your people. It’s time to change the way we talk about change.
In this funny and fascinating talk based on organizational psychologist Nick’s groundbreaking work for Harvard Business Publishing, your team will learn how to unlock the resilient superpowers that come standard with every human brain. Through Nick’s trademark blend of counterintuitive insights, riveting stories, and cutting-edge research, he’ll take your people on an exciting journey to discover practical communication strategies and liberating personal truths that will:
- Inspire adaptation instead of intimidation
- Turn fear into focus
- Convert doubt into determination
- Transform turbulent time periods into legacy-shaping opportunities
- Help leaders stop burning platforms and start building bridges to a brighter future – after your people have shed these self-defeating beliefs and behaviors and unlocked their resilient superpowers, your team will be stronger, faster, and nimbler than ever
Hidden Agents of Change: How Informal Influencers Lead Transformation Across Functional Borders & Departmental Boundaries
Nobody is better positioned to navigate disruptive changes than the individual contributors, team leaders and project managers who make the organization move day after day. Unfortunately, many talented managers and individuals are held back by a belief that they lack the time, the budget, and the formal authority to drive powerful changes.
This exciting keynote shatters that debilitating belief. Drawing on two decades of work with real people in real companies, organizational psychologist Nick Tasler shows how anyone – regardless of title or formal authority – can inspire change in their team and their organization. You’ll discover powerful tools and practical strategies like:
- How to “shore up the core and then give them more”
- How to wield the Change Agent’s secret weapon: A Value-Variance Matrix
- How to avoid the twin sins of Promiscuous Prioritizing and Leaky Leadership
- How successful change agents balance passion with pragmatism
- How to find and fire-up vital supporters by applying two strategic super-criteria
- How to use an elegantly simple 3-part decision framework to maintain a confident and creative mindset all day, every day
That was a 10 out of 10. Connecting and engaging with a primarily international audience is no easy task - but Nick nailed it!
View Similar Speakers
For more information about this speaker:
Call toll-free on 1-866-727-7555
Or, email your request.