Mindful Leadership Expert, Motivational Speaker
Talks about: Creating a Mindful and Positive Workplace Culture
Author of the memoir, Urban Monk
Past clients include: Google, Citibank, IBM, State Farm, SAP, Intel, WeWork, Novartis, Comcast, JPMorgan Chase
About Pandit Dasa - Mindful Leadership Expert, Motivational Speaker and Author:
Pandit Dasa is a former monk, mindfulness expert, author and international keynote speaker who speaks to Fortune 100 and Fortune 500 companies. In his speeches, he emphasizes the concept that “self care is not selfish” and that we need to learn to “close the apps” in our mind otherwise we will feel drained and depleted. He provides practical tips on how we can become more resilient by better managing our emotional, mental and physical health so that we can be more focused and productive and be more present for our colleagues and family. Some essentials items of well-being that are covered in his talks are:
- Understanding the mind, thoughts and emotions
- Research on sleep and how to improve the quality of one’s sleep
- Creating healthy boundaries between work and home life
- The importance of maintaining positive relationships
- Maintaining a healthy diet
- Having a personal hobby to nourish one’s self
- Research on mindfulness practice
Pandit’s extensive 25 years of personal mindfulness practices allows him to expertly guide audiences through a variety of mindfulness breathing and focusing exercises, that leaves them feeling refreshed, relaxed and recharged.
Some of the organizations he has spoken to are Google, NASA, London Stock Exchange, IBM, Citibank, World Government Summit, Kellogg, Cadillac, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, Nationwide Insurance, Novartis, Pfizer, JPMorgan Chase, Bank of America, SHRM National Convention, Oracle and many others.
What Pandit Dasa Talks About:
Mindfulness and Resilience During a Time of Social Distancing
During our current time of change and uncertainty, our stress and anxiety levels can go through the roof. It is absolutely crucial for us to be able to maintain our physical, mental and emotional health so we can take care of ourselves, our family and remain productive in our professional life. This talk combined with writing exercises will address the following items:
- Importance of Positive Relationships
- The myth of multitasking
- Healthy Eating
- Unplugged Sleep
- Regular Exercise
- Maintaining a Personal Hobby
Participants will also learn the science behind mindfulness and will be virtually guided through a variety of mindfulness practices for reducing stress, improving productivity and emotional intelligence. Some of practices are as follows:
- Breathing – for stress reduction
- Focusing – for improving one’s ability to concentrate and focus
- Gratitude – to shift to a more positive mindset
- Appreciation – develop appreciation for the contributions of our colleagues
- Personal Development – reflection on ways we can improve our character
Creating a Mindful and Positive Workplace Culture
The growth and overall success of an organization is defined by its culture and leadership. A positive workplace culture enhances teamwork, collaboration and morale. As a result it boosts employee engagement, efficiency and retention.
This presentation will address the importance of creating an environment where ego battles aren’t driving the company down and where individuals are willing to put aside their own self-interest for the sake of the greater good. It encourages an environment where individuals are willing to appreciate the contributions of their co-workers instead of feeling threatened by them. The research on mindfulness and its application for the workplace will also be presented.
As a result of this keynote, the audience will be able to:
- Communicate with awareness, clarity and compassion
- Manage their emotions to handle conflicts
- Develop a positive mindset towards individuals they don’t see eye-to-eye with
- Express appreciation towards the work of their colleagues
- Utilize mindfulness breathing and focusing techniques to lower stress and improve productivity
Mindful Leadership: Walking the Talk and Developing Self-Awareness
Leaders set the tone and mood for the rest of the organization. To fully inspire and bring out the best from the workforce, leadership has to lead by example and “walk the talk.” They can’t say one thing and do another. To attract, engage and retain top talent, leaders need to create more human and employee-centered workplace environments.
This talk will address the importance for leadership of all levels to not only set the right example, but also, on a regular basis, appreciate the contributions of their workforce, communicate mindfully to encourage and inspire, lead with humility and without ego and manage their emotions. The research on mindfulness and its application for the workplace will also be presented.
After this keynote, participants will be able to:
- Improve their level of self-awareness
- Communicate mindfully and with compassion
- Lead with confidence combined with humility
- Better manage their emotions to remain calm during challenging situations
- Implement mindfulness techniques to reduce stress and improve focus and productivity
Pandit is a very dynamic speaker. His presentation was eye-opening and engaging. I felt relaxed and recharged from the meditation techniques. I have been to other stress management presentations...but this was arguably the best.