Talks about accelerating growth through transformation that outpaces the external changes that are constant in the business environment.
Audiences learn how to increase operational and organizational agility by compressing the time between becoming aware of necessary changes to be competitive, and implementing them.
Founder of the global business growth consultancy, Karrikins Group, with employees in 23 cities across 7 countries
Past clients include: AT&T, Apple, Microsoft, Goldman Sachs, and Wells Fargo
About Peter Sheahan - Bestselling Author on Innovation & Accelerating Growth:
After decades of standing in the fire with leaders of high-performing organizations, Peter Sheahan has come to believe that an organization will only go commercially where its leaders first go personally.
Having grown his own companies by accelerating the growth and transformation for clients that include: Apple; Chick-fil-A; DeBeers; and AT&T — Peter will provoke you to get bigger, by getting better! When leaders are true to their purpose, they gravitate towards doing work that matters and solving higher-order problems. The journey to get there requires that they have the courage to tell themselves the truth, take intelligent risks, and assume ownership for driving the alignment necessary to build an organization which behaves in ways worthy of its leadership position.
In being true to his own ambitions and relentless pursuit of growth, Peter has published seven books, built three global companies and delivered more than 2,500 presentations in 40+ countries. Today he and his team at Karrikins Group are focused exclusively on inspiring leaders to do the hard work required to accelerate growth and transformation.
What Peter Sheahan Talks About:
Human Capital [R]Evolution: Solving Your People Problem Through a Compelling Brand, Differentiated Experience, and Sticky Culture
Beyond supply chain, the major constraint to post-pandemic growth are labor shortages and the war for talent. The good news…. This may be new for the US, but it isn’t new for other parts of the world, and there is a proven playbook for alleviating this problem in the short term and solving it for the long term. The hidden gift of this crisis is a unique window of opportunity to make long-needed changes to the way we attract, engage, and retain the human capital we need to do business. Now more than ever you have permission to take a new approach, and a willingness to accept progress over perfection.
Drawing on case studies that span from Mining to the Military, and from Restaurants to Removalists, this highly practical session will teach your leaders / managers how to:
- Go beyond wages / salary to drive attraction and retention
- Manage the risk of burnout and Covid-19 fatigue
- Lead in ways that increase engagement and retention
- Creatively solve the hidden obstacles to better management and labor relationships
- Build a compelling employer brand
- Deliver a brand aligned employment experience
- Embrace the mindsets, practices, and behaviors necessary to create sticky cultures
Turn Challenge into Opportunity and Change into Competitive Advantage
2020 was tough. 2021 and 2022 will be harder again. Supply chain constraints, talent and labor shortages, and the continued onslaught of technological disruption are just the beginning. Now more than ever we need to build resilient leaders, agile organizations, and high performing teams – no matter the uncertainty.
In this hard-hitting and highly directive keynote, your leaders will learn to:
- Increase agility by telling themselves the truth and take ownership in the new reality. There is no going back and there will be no more certainty.
- Differentiate between temporary and permanent change and respond accordingly.
- To turn a burning platform into a burning ambition that inspires people to continue to give their discretionary effort.
- Accelerate change without burning their teams out by eliminating friction and increasing alignment.
- Embrace progress over perfection to avoid paralysis as they do their best to manage ambiguity.
Accelerating Growth Through Transformation
To meet growth expectations, we must transform ourselves and our teams at a faster rate than the external environment is changing. The alternative is a slow decline into irrelevancy and given change isn’t slowing down, this is harder to do today than ever before. The path forward is to build organizations and teams capable of risk-taking, letting go of past successes in pursuit of a new, more vibrant future, and successfully navigating the business from one competitive advantage to the next.
In this engaging, case-study rich session, we will unlock the keys to accelerated transformation and growth by helping your leaders understand that:
- Increasing agility is not about force or more communication, but about compressing the time between awareness of change and acceptance of change.
- Creating a burning ambition over a burning platform is the key to sustained investment of their teams’ discretionary effort.
- Successful transformation is not a by product of ambition and strategy, but of alignment. Leaders must change first because as goes their behavior so goes the rest of the organization
- Culture is a science, not an art and that they must intentionally pull the levers that create a growth-enabled culture defined by innovation, excellence, and accountability.
- They must create the psychological safety that encourages risk-taking and helps their teams embrace progress over perfection.
Winning on Value Not Price
As the pace of commoditization accelerates and the emergence of technological disruption threatens our existing business models, we must find ways to remain relevant and differentiated in the hearts and minds of our customers! This inspiring, case-study rich session will show you how to find opportunity in disruption to reverse the downward spiral of commoditization, move beyond the competition, and become the obvious choice for your customers.
This journey will require that you:
- Move from a mindset of value extraction to one of value creation.
- Learn at the edge of disruption and embrace the opportunities for differentiation that exist there.
- Front run your customers by beating them to the future in the Five Critical Dimensions that they value most during times of rapid change.
- Elevate your reputation competing on expertise and positioning yourself as a trusted adviser for your clients.
- Act in a way worthy of your desired leadership position rather than race your competitors to the bottom.
You've been an absolute wonderful partner, adjusting to our transitions and pivots along the way. Brilliant. Agile. Trusted. Confidant. Integrity. Inspiring. These are some of the attributes I use when describing your contribution to AT&T. Thank you for what you have brought us... It is corporate life changing for us and you have left a lasting impression on the leaders of AT&T!