How to Build a Dynamic Speaker Series
Looking for new ways to create a dynamic event for your team in an era of Zoom Gloom?
Consider hosting a Speaker Series to drive engagement over a defined period of time with expert speakers across a wide variety of topics that are relevant to your organization or audience.
Let’s look into how to create a dynamic speaker series for your audience:
What is a Speaker Series?
A Speaker Series is a line up of individual speakers who present information over a period of time, often over a period of months, to help your audience learn new skills and develop new ideas around your organization.
When planned correctly, each presentation is supports the presentations before and after, allowing the audience to grow in a holistic way providing insights across a variety of topics, or more in depth study in one particular area, such as leadership, change, sales, etc. Each speaker will provide a building block towards achieving the organization’s desired outcome.
Speaker Series provide ongoing support and learning towards a common goal on a regular basis, allowing ideas to flourish, build and grow. They provide a holistic approach, looking at an organization from a variety of angles to achieve better outcomes overall.
How can we create an effective Speaker Series?
We are experts in the world of speakers, and working with over 600 speakers around the world, can help you build out a Speaker Series that meets your organization’s needs, budget and timeframe.
Here are a few tips to help you get started planning your Speaker Series:
- Start with the End in Mind – What do you want your Speaker Series to achieve: More sales? Better team dynamics? An effective leadership growth strategy? All of the above? Creating a broad outline of your goals will help us work together to find the best speakers to address those concerns and plan your agenda to make the most of this experience.
Unify your event with a theme. This not only provides direction for the audience, but will help each presentations connect with the last, creating invaluable building blocks over the course of the series.
- Plan your Audience’s Journey – What does the year look like for your audience? Do you have a quiet period that is ripe for generating buzz and excitement for the new year? Is there a big event happening that you’d like your teams to be ready for?
Consider what’s happening within your organization and then plan accordingly, allowing time for the key insights and ideas from each speaker to really sink in.
- Find the Right Speakers – This is where we come in. With over 20 years’ experience, we ask the right questions to find out exactly what your organization needs to move forward, grow or move through a period of change. We will work with you to find the best speakers for your events and handle all the details.
We know our speakers and can advise you on which speaker to work with in at what stage in your series to maximize their impact and build on your agenda to achieve the best results. Trust the experts!
- Mix it Up – Use a variety of presentations styles to keep the audience engaged. Fireside chats, Q&As, interactive elements such as breakout rooms and workshops are all available for virtual events and are a great way to keep your audience coming back for more.
Using a variety of presentation styles will keep your audience engaged.
- Create Community – Mini-events, social media, newsletters or discussion groups are great ways to keep your audience connected throughout the series. In the breaks between the speakers, these small check ins will provide endless opportunities for your audience to connect with the key ideas from each speaker and innovate, improve, and increase their impact.
Keep the ideas alive with regular follow ups between speakers.
- Have a strong Follow Through – Most speakers can provide follow up materials for your audience with their key insights. Consider a follow up program delivered via email or within your community to maximize the impact of each presentation long after the series is finished.
Make the most of your series with follow up newsletters or mini-events to continue to grow.
Interested in finding out more about how a Speaker Series could work for your organization? Get in touch to find out more.