Expert on the intersection of generational differences and attention science, Curt provides a fresh take on perplexing leadership problems.
Talks about: FocusFit: How to Harness the Power of Human Attention for individuals & teams
Curt dissects brain science and human behavior in an engaging way to explain why some things always work and others never will.
Past client include: AT&T, Southwest Airlines, Deloitte, JPMorgan Chase, Nike, BMI, the US Naval Academy, and SAP, among others
About Curt Steinhorst - Speaker on Strategic Communications & Digital Distractions:
There’s a war for our attention right now. That’s because human attention is the most limited, valuable, and misunderstood resource in the modern marketplace.
Focus expert Curt Steinhorst helps leaders and teams take control of their attention and focus it on what matters most for their success. By applying the science of how the brain works to the reality of how we function in today’s hyper-connected world, Curt provides actionable insights that help leaders break through the noise, achieve greater innovation and performance, and get the important work done.
Curt Steinhorst is the author of the bestselling book, Can I Have Your Attention?, a global speaker, and a regular Forbes contributor on leadership strategy. Diagnosed with ADD as a child, Curt knows intimately the challenges companies face to keep the attention of today’s distracted workforce and customer. He began his public speaking career as a leading voice at the #1 global research organization on generational trends in the workplace and spent years studying the impact of tech on human behavior. He founded Focuswise to help leaders and organizations create cultures of focus and teams that thrive.
Today, Curt speaks around the globe on mastering focus and attention, combining unforgettable stories, cutting-edge research from attention science, and practical case studies from global client engagements. Sought-after by global sales teams, CEOs of multi-billion-dollar brands, NFL Hall of Famers, and anyone looking to become a better, more focused leader, Curt brings his unique viewpoint and entertaining speaking style to audiences worldwide. His many clients include AT&T, Southwest Airlines, Deloitte, JPMorgan Chase, Nike, BMI, the U.S. Naval Academy, and SAP, to name just a few.
What Curt Steinhorst Talks About:
FocusFit: How to Harness the Power of Human Attention
How do you tackle the rising number of obligations, blurring work and home life boundaries, and a dizzying volume of news and information without being defeated by it?
Humans today are navigating a staggering amount of change and an unrelenting flow of noise and information, leaving many leaders and teams feeling overwhelmed, inundated and disengaged. We worry about how we use our time, but how often do we consider where we put our attention? Are we focusing on what matters most? Asking this question – and mastering the power of your own attention – will be the critical differentiator of our time.
By combining the science of how the brain works with how we operate in a data-saturated world, Focus Expert Curt Steinhorst helps individuals at any level take back control of their focus and attention and apply it in ways that lead to greater productivity and success.
In his signature speech that resonates with audiences around the world, Curt Steinhorst delivers the essential elements of focus and attention that can empower each of us – and whole teams – to conquer chronic distraction and overload, break through the noise, and get the important work done. Curt will help audiences:
- Gain tactics and tools to help your brain operate at peak performance
- Learn how physical space reflects (and even defines) our mental space, shaping how we work
- Adopt simple but profound ways to protect your focus and unlock your time
- Reduce futility and master new ways to get more done
- Adopt high-performance focus techniques that allow you to thrive in any environment
The FocusFit Leader: Build Teams That Thrive Through Uncertainty, Complexity, and Change
It is a leader’s responsibility to provide visibility and encourage collaboration without inundating employees with endless meetings and constant interruptions. Despite our best efforts, teams are more overwhelmed than ever before. Leaders have access to a finite amount of the most precious resource: their team’s focus and attention. They must understand how to deploy it to get the job done efficiently and effectively.
Now is the perfect time to re-establish smarter patterns of focus, communication, and collaboration to equip your teams for the future, whether in-office or dispersed:
- Utilize tools required to build teams that succeed and thrive
- Turn “always available / always responsive” into “always accountable / always responsible.”
- Reconfigure communication norms/protocols/standards to avoid interruption and unreasonable demands
- Institute the distinct requirements to manage a remote and in-office workforce
- Create shared rituals to build team cohesion and unity
- Unlock exploration and create a team unafraid of change
FocusFit Teams: Collaborate Effectively and Thrive in the New Era of Work
Our established patterns of collaboration have been rewritten overnight. How does a team work together effectively when they are no longer in the same room? How can we use this time to build more resiliency and team agility? As workplace culture evolves at a dizzying pace, now is the perfect time to re-establish smarter, more effective patterns of focus, communication, and collaboration – so your team is equipped and ready for the future.
What are the new rhythms of work and communication you can establish today that will drive greater engagement and success for your team now and in the future? How can you create personal bonds and facilitate real productivity remotely, so we can all get the important work done?
- Collaborate in a way that achieves clarity of purpose and higher productivity
- Form an Attention Alliance that respects individual team strengths and enhances productivity
- Work together to expand capacity and reduce demands on our attention
- Learn to cut out non-essential meetings and stop wasting each other’s time
- When you do meet, make them more productive, effective, and even enjoyable virtually or in-person
- Create a team culture that embraces constant change, looks for innovation, and is well prepared to meet uncertain needs ahead
Breaking Through: Capture and Keep The Attention of Your Most Prized Audiences
Just because you said it, doesn’t mean they heard it. Your audience’s attention has never been more divided or diffused. The window to reach them has never been smaller. And yet, the opportunity to break through the noise and capture their attention has never been greater. In a world where no one can focus on anything, the value of effective communication has never been higher.
To address the distinct needs of today’s audiences effectively, both inside and outside the company, leaders must radically alter their approach – and they must be strategic and intentional in the choosing the right communication format, length, channel and timing.
Attention expert, Curt Steinhorst, will prepare you to excel in today’s complex and challenging communication environment — helping you authentically connect with today’s multi-generational, constantly connected, easily distracted audience.
Breaking Through presentations have helped thousands around the world connect with their most important audiences. These talks can be tailored for specific teams, including:
Marketing and Sales Strategy
- Gain an “outside the industry” perspective on how the science of attention reveals consistent gaps and huge opportunities.
- Create a journey that resonates with your customers’ need to explore.
- Foster a community that your customers trust.
- Identify what your customers value most and how that informs your value proposition.
Virtual Meetings and Webinars
- Succeed in an environment with an average zone-out rate of 90% after just ten minutes.
- Understand the hidden factors that drive attention.
- Learn the best ways to set up and manage the camera, mic, and lighting.
- Avoid the slide trap and introduce unexpected elements.
- Compensate for the “flattening effect,” tin voice, and more.
- Capitalize on the moments that define the impact of your voice and ideas.
- Build an irresistible speech structure.
- Overcome the natural biological mechanisms that create anxiety.
- Eliminate micro-expressions that undermine credibility.
- Master audio/visual components.
- Deliver in a professional, confident, and poised manner that makes people want to follow your lead.
Curt was fabulous! The audience was very engaged, the topic was extremely beneficial and he was really funny. Our United Van Lines and Mayflower agents wanted more time with him!