About Curt Steinhorst - Speaker on Strategic Communications & Digital Distractions:
Curt Steinhorst is the bestselling author of Can I Have Your Attention? Inspiring Better Work Habits, Focusing Your Team, and Getting Stuff Done in the Constantly Connected Workplace. He is on a mission to rescue us from our distracted selves. After years studying the impact of tech on human behavior, Curt founded Focuswise, a consultancy that equips organizations to overcome the distinct challenges of the constantly-connected workplace.
Diagnosed with ADD as a child, Curt knows intimately the challenges companies face to keep the attention of today’s distracted workforce and customer. He has coached executives, TV personalities, and well-known professional athletes on how to effectively communicate and create focus when they speak to audiences, lead their employees, and engage their customers.
Curt’s unique insight and entertaining speaking style has captured the attention of audiences worldwide. He speaks more than seventy-five times a year to organizations that include everyone from global leadership associations and nonprofits to Fortune 100 companies.
What Curt Steinhorst Talks About:
FocusFit: High-Performance Habits in a Low-Performance World
How do you tackle the rising number of obligations, blurring work and home life boundaries, and a dizzying volume of news and information without being defeated by it?
Humans today are navigating a staggering amount of change and an unrelenting flow of noise and information, leaving many leaders and teams feeling overwhelmed, inundated and disengaged. We worry about how we use our time, but how often do we consider where we put our attention? Are we focusing on what matters most? Asking this question – and mastering the power of your own attention – will be the critical differentiator of our time.
By combining the science of how the brain works with how we operate in a data-saturated world, Focus Expert Curt Steinhorst helps individuals at any level take back control of their focus and attention and apply it in ways that lead to greater productivity and success.
In his signature speech that resonates with audiences around the world, Curt Steinhorst delivers the essential elements of focus and attention that can empower each of us – and whole teams – to conquer chronic distraction and overload, break through the noise, and get the important work done. Curt will help audiences:
- Gain tactics and tools to help your brain operate at peak performance
- Learn how physical space reflects (and even defines) our mental space, shaping how we work
- Adopt simple but profound ways to protect your focus and unlock your time
- Reduce futility and master new ways to get more done
- Adopt high-performance focus techniques that allow you to thrive in any environment
The FocusFit Leader: Build Teams That Thrive Through Uncertainty, Complexity, and Change
It is a leader’s responsibility to provide visibility and encourage collaboration without inundating employees with endless meetings and constant interruptions. Despite our best efforts, teams are more overwhelmed than ever before. Leaders have access to a finite amount of the most precious resource: their team’s focus and attention. They must understand how to deploy it to get the job done efficiently and effectively.
Now is the perfect time to re-establish smarter patterns of focus, communication, and collaboration to equip your teams for the future, whether in-office or dispersed:
- Utilize tools required to build teams that succeed and thrive
- Turn “always available / always responsive” into “always accountable / always responsible.”
- Reconfigure communication norms/protocols/standards to avoid interruption and unreasonable demands
- Institute the distinct requirements to manage a remote and in-office workforce
- Create shared rituals to build team cohesion and unity
- Unlock exploration and create a team unafraid of change
FocusFit Teams: Collaborate Effectively and Thrive in the New Era of Work
Our established patterns of collaboration have been rewritten overnight. How does a team work together effectively when they are no longer in the same room? How can we use this time to build more resiliency and team agility? As workplace culture evolves at a dizzying pace, now is the perfect time to re-establish smarter, more effective patterns of focus, communication, and collaboration – so your team is equipped and ready for the future.
What are the new rhythms of work and communication you can establish today that will drive greater engagement and success for your team now and in the future? How can you create personal bonds and facilitate real productivity remotely, so we can all get the important work done?
- Collaborate in a way that achieves clarity of purpose and higher productivity
- Form an Attention Alliance that respects individual team strengths and enhances productivity
- Work together to expand capacity and reduce demands on our attention
- Learn to cut out non-essential meetings and stop wasting each other’s time
- When you do meet, make them more productive, effective, and even enjoyable virtually or in-person
- Create a team culture that embraces constant change, looks for innovation, and is well prepared to meet uncertain needs ahead
Breaking Through: Capture and Keep The Attention of Your Most Prized Audiences
Just because you said it, doesn’t mean they heard it. Your audience’s attention has never been more divided or diffused. The window to reach them has never been smaller. And yet, the opportunity to break through the noise and capture their attention has never been greater. In a world where no one can focus on anything, the value of effective communication has never been higher.
To address the distinct needs of today’s audiences effectively, both inside and outside the company, leaders must radically alter their approach – and they must be strategic and intentional in the choosing the right communication format, length, channel and timing.
Attention expert, Curt Steinhorst, will prepare you to excel in today’s complex and challenging communication environment — helping you authentically connect with today’s multi-generational, constantly connected, easily distracted audience.
Curt was fabulous! The audience was very engaged, the topic was extremely beneficial and he was really funny. Our United Van Lines and Mayflower agents wanted more time with him!
For more information about this speaker:
Call toll-free on 1-866-727-7555
Or, email your request.