Jenny talks about the connection between the daily grind of life and the chemistry of the brain and body and how to build resilience every day.
Audiences leave with actionable micro-strategies that individuals and teams can implement immediately to start building their resilience and stress-proof their brains.
Jenny Evans is a speaker, author, and on-air expert on physiology and chemistry, as it relates to resiliency, confidence and performance. She is also the author of The Resiliency rEvolution, TEDx speaker and regular contributor to The Huffington Post.
Past clients include: Microsoft, Cisco, Nestle Purina, Johnson & Johnson, Blue Shield, US Bank, Aveda, Clinique, Estee Lauder and MGM Resorts.
Click Here to Watch Jenny's Virtual Presentation
About Jenny Evans - Speaker, Author, & Expert on Physiology and Chemistry
Jenny Evans is a speaker, author, and on-air expert on physiology and chemistry, as it relates to resiliency, confidence and performance. She is highly experienced, having worked with thousands of C-suite executives, leaders, and employees — from corporations, associations, and universities across the globe.
Her dynamic presentations and training sessions both educate and inspire audiences by linking the stressful challenges of everyday life to the body’s own chemistry and physiology. Jenny brings to life the art of optimizing your own chemistry to boost your performance and productivity, all while enhancing your health and energy.
Jenny’s events are active, engaging, high-energy, and life-changing – leaving audiences inspired, informed and on their way to leading a more productive life in increasingly demanding business environments.
Her award-winning book – The Resiliency rEvolution — has been hailed as a “smart, clever read and super-practical guide to leading a more full and resilient life.” She is also the creator of Hit the Deck – the ultimate tool for combating stress and increasing productivity and fitness.
Jenny has spoken on the TEDx stage, is the resiliency subject matter expert for Optum and The Big Know’s digital courses, writes as a blogger for The Huffington Post and was NBC KARE 11’s Health & Fitness expert for over four years. She has been quoted on National Public Radio, in Health Magazine and Women’s Health, while being showcased on FastCompany.com, Inc.com, Entrepreneur.com, Shape.com and Elle.com. Jenny has a bachelor of science degree in kinesiology with an emphasis in psychology from the University of Minnesota and has been an American Council on Exercise Certified Personal Trainer and Group Fitness Instructor for over twenty years.
What Jenny Evans talks about:
FROM RESIGNATION TO RESILIENCE: IGNITE YOUR PASSION & PURPOSE
Recent events have caused your leaders and employees to question their lives and careers. You’ve lost many valuable people and the ones who haven’t left are not as engaged as they used to be. They’re contemplating what they want – and need – from their work and are ready to consider other opportunities.
We process our external world using our inner compass and inner dialogue.
Unfortunately, many of us don’t have as much clarity on our inner compass as we think, and we lack awareness of how much our inner dialogues are sabotaging our success. As a result, we’re overwhelmed when faced with change, are less resilient to stress, lose confidence and direction, and are less engaged.
Research shows that people who are purposeful in their jobs perform better, are more likely to avoid burnout, and are more committed.
And using inner dialogue to create purposeful stories drives engagement, passion, and success.
Not only will your people experience the game-changing discovery of their current purpose, but the rich group dialogue that takes place will also form a deep sense of connection, understanding, and unity.
Resiliency Rx: Stress-Proof Your Brain
You’ve got two brains: primitive and advanced. Your primitive brain controls how you act and feel, while your advanced brain handles conscious thought, self-discipline, and sense of purpose. Unfortunately, evolution has left your primitive brain as your default setting and your extremely busy, conflicted modern world causes it STRESS way beyond what it can handle without intentional intervention. And stress radically changes your chemistry and physiology. The good news? The right strategies can combat the negative consequences that we all face. Jenny shines a light on the connection between the daily grind of life and the chemistry of the brain and body. She brilliantly reveals how to truly build resilience to stress, and at the same time, how to optimize your purpose and environment.
Jenny has developed a comprehensive, yet achievable set of micro-strategies that any individual or workforce can implement. It’s a philosophy to restore the brain and body’s chemistry to become more resilient. Even better… it’s so easy a primitive caveman (brain) could do it!
For people who:
• Want to continue to take themselves – and their work – to the next level, in a way that’s easy, achievable and sustainable
- Want to feel better! More energized, grounded, on purpose, creative, happy, and healthy
• Want to expand their capacity for what their careers will increasingly demand of them year over year
• Are stressed and want effective solutions that are easy to implement
The audience will leave with:
• The answer to the ONE question that guarantees clarity, direction, commitment, prioritization and accountability both inside and outside of work
• The 7 areas of your life that Resiliency Rx can enhance
• Ways to leverage over 100 tools to successfully implement change and the secret to making these changes permanent
• A series of “Micro Strategies” for quickly and easily stress-proofing their brain
• The knowledge to self-restore the chemistry of their brain, body, and mindset in less than 60 seconds
• An optional Resiliency Assessment to garner accurate insight into how they’re currently dealing with stress with a customized report on where they can make improvements
• Three specific commitments that make up their customized action plan
The Chemistry of Confidence
Do you have days where more confidence could deliver even more success in work and life? Good news. A simple solution is close at hand… and it’s based… in chemistry. Body chemistry is at the heart of our behavior, which includes our level of confidence. So, to become more confident, you have to change your chemistry. Jenny will show you how to be your confidence chemist.
It begins by understanding the 5 Chemicals of Confidence: Serotonin, GABA, Dopamine, Endorphins, and Cortisol. The next step is knowing how and when to increase/decrease these chemicals and how to connect your optimized chemistry to your overall outlook and purpose. That’s the chemistry of confidence.
For people who:
• Seek a better sense of control
• Are ready to start feeling on track, on purpose, and on fire
• Feel held back by self-doubt, self-criticism, worry or anxiety
• Wish to grow their professionalism: using their voice, leading their team, taking more risks, finding new ways to innovate, collaborate without feeling threatened by others
The audience will:
• Discover the 5 chemicals that affect confidence, mindset and leadership abilities
• Learn 5 strategies to create the ideal chemical recipe for feeling confident, grounded, focused and in control
• Learn 4 practices to help gain clarity, prioritize, make better decisions and take action
• Recognize the symptoms of chemistry that don’t support confidence
• Learn to stop the cycle of negativity loops, fear, and worry
• Realize the connection between chemistry and purpose
Stop Burnout In Its Tracks: Expand Your Capacity & Get Recovery
Employee stress and burnout are two of the top issues organizations and people are facing today. This session takes a physiological and chemical approach to how to truly optimize the human operating system for sustained high performance that does not come at a cost to people’s health, sanity or engagement.
- Stress is the stimulus for growth, but only when it’s followed by recovery.
- Understand how to expand your capacity in a healthy, sustainable way.
- Understand what qualifies as “high quality” recovery, and how to get it physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually.
- Learn how to balance the demands you have on your energy with a renewable supply.
- Create a plan for expanding capacity and getting recovery physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually.
From Overworked, Overwhelmed & Overstressed to On Fire, On Purpose & On Your Game
Getting clear on purpose is essential for resilience. Research shows that people who lack purpose in life have a higher incidence of depression and anxiety and that they’re less resilient to traumatic events. Insight and deep knowledge of beliefs is also essential for performance in business and life. Many employees are struggling with focus, productivity, and prioritization. Certainty of beliefs immediately creates a sense of clarity, direction and accountability necessary for making important decisions – and taking appropriate action – in stressful times.
- Understand the connection between purpose, chemistry, resiliency & engagement.
- Establish clarity on how you define success professionally & personally.
- The answer to the ONE question that guarantees clarity, direction, commitment, prioritization and accountability both inside and outside of work.
- Learn about neuroplasticity of the brain, storytelling, and how to strengthen stories that work as well as get rid of stories that prevent engagement, action, and accountability.
THE CHEMISTRY OF CONFIDENCE & RESILIENCE FOR FEMALE LEADERS
The global pandemic has hit women particularly hard.
42% of professional women report they’re burned out.
1 in 3 say they’ve considered downshifting their careers or leaving the workforce completely.
They’re overworked, overwhelmed, overstressed and feeling OVER IT.
Research proves that companies with more female executives are more likely to outperform companies that don’t. You must support, retain and attract talented women in order to develop a culture that enables men and women alike to achieve their potential, employing the power of a diverse, collective genius.
“Jenny was a fantastic speaker that not only has energy, emotion and tons of knowledge behind the topics she covers, but she really makes you think about your health, lifestyle and everyday routine that can be so easily influenced positively or negatively. In a world of change, enhanced technology and never-ending demands and challenges of everyday life, she has a great way of breaking down why you make the choices you do and how to fight your inner Sneaky Pete. Everyone really enjoyed Jenny, including myself, and I have made several changes to my everyday decisions based on hearing her speak!”