About Michael Kerr - Entertaining Speaker on Inspiring Workplaces and Reducing Stress:
Michael Kerr, Speaking Hall of Fame member, is an award winning,
Certified Speaking Professional and the author of six
books. He is known as one of North America's leading authorities on
how to create more productive, less stressful, more creative, and
inspiring workplaces. His
humorous, inspiring and thought provoking
programs are often rated as having the greatest impact of
any presentation at a conference. Michael Kerr's message of injecting humor into the workplace helps build strong
leaders by encouraging a new kind of
Michael has delivered his captivating keynote presentations and
training workshops to more than 800 audiences, from Iran to Texas,
from Austria to Honolulu. Michael's programs offer relevant,
practical ideas delivered with his memorable brand of high-energy,
incredibly relevant and timely content, are phrases clients
repeatedly use to describe the impact of his presentations.
One of Michael's books, Putting Humor to Work, has been described
bible of humor in the workplace, while his book Inspiring
Workplaces - Creating the Kind of Workplace Where Everyone Wants
to Work has been called
an inspiring blueprint for workplace success.
Michael lives in Canmore, Alberta in the Canadian Rockies.
What Michael Kerr Talks About:
The Humor Advantage: Why Some Businesses Are Laughing All the Way to the Bank
Based on Michael’s wildly successful book The Humor Advantage, this presentation is geared towards business owners, managers, HR managers, front line customer service employees and any business employees interested in how to brand their business effectively to attract employees and customers, provide outrageously effective customer service and boost sales to new heights. It’s about leveraging your humor advantage to get the results you want…and the results you deserve!
Putting Humor to Work
Why choose between content and fun when you can have both? Putting Humor to Work
presentations offer practical, relevant ideas delivered in a fun, energetic and memorable style.
You will laugh as you learn:
- How humor can help you choose a more positive workplace attitude
- Four myths about putting humor to work (it’s not about being funny)
- Why humor at work makes dollars . . . and sense
- The health benefits of laughter – the latest in laughter research
- Three reasons why humor is one of the most powerful stress busters
3 R’sof humor and stress management
- It’s not always what you say, it’s how you say it that matters
- Customer service with a laugh
- Teams that laugh together, stay together
- Sparking creative thinking through the power of play and humor
- Guiding lights for putting humor to work without getting fired!
In this presentation your group will learn:
- Choosing your workplace attitude before it chooses you
- Why inspiring workplace value their values
- Dreaming of a better future: why a compelling vision matters
- Why (and how) inspiring workplaces put humor to work
- Creating inspiring service to fellow employees or customers
- Inspiring creative thinking in the workplace
- Inspiring communication in the workplace: How we say things matters!
- Inspiring employees: the top motivating influences in any workplace
- Thanks a lot! The importance of celebrating, recognizing and rewarding
- Guiding lights for creating healthier, more inspiring workplaces
Putting Creativity to Work
Do you want to get more ideas from your employees? And better ideas? Do you want to eliminate
but-headed thinking (but, we can’t do that!)? Putting Creativity to Work offers simple, practical
ideas on how to foster a more creative workplace, delivered in a fun, memorable style. Audiences
- Why creativity is the most valuable workplace commodity
- The three most important traits of innovative workplaces
- Storming the brains: how to inspire creativity in your meetings
- The humor connection: Why HA + Ha = AHA!
- Simple ways to get generate more ideas
- Eliminating idea-squashing language and behavior
- Turning failure on its heads
- Advancing and selling your ideas: how to turn ideas into results
What does it REALLY take to inspire, motivate, and engage employees, especially
during difficult times? How do you create a
WANT to kind of workplace, rather than a
HAVE to kind of workplace? How do you develop future leaders? What’s the
difference between being a manager and a truly INSPIRING leader?
Inspiring Leadership is designed specifically for supervisors and managers with any level
of experience. This presentation is relentlessly honest and packed full of relevant
ideas that leaders can immediately implement. And as a bonus that audiences have
always appreciated: Michael’s thought-provoking ideas are delivered in a unique, high energy
and hilarious style. (Why choose between great content and humor when you
can have both!)
- Leaders leading leaders (featuring a few words courtesy Southwest Airlines and George Carlin)
vision thing: how inspiring leaders inspire an inspiring vision)
- The truth about those workplace values you value so much)
- Inspiring communication: why great leaders don’t necessarily have to speak like Winston
Churchill (sure it’d be nice, but it’s not necessary. . . and here’s why) )
- Inspiring creative thinking: why great leaders ask a lot of leading questions)
- Leading with laughter: why your sense of humor may be your best secret weapon)
- Thanks a lot! Recognizing all the obvious and not-so-obvious ways we recognize employees)
- The real truth about workplace motivators and de-motivators)
- Getting to know you, getting to know all about you (No, you don’t have to be best buddies, but
inspiring leaders really do need to get to know their employees . . . and here’s how. )
He shoots! He scores!How goal setting, workload, work-life balance, and the meaning of life
impact inspiring leadership)
- Take me to your leader: are you going to be part of the problem or part of the solution? )
Inspiring Ideas for Inspiring Presentations
It’s not so much WHAT you say that matters, it’s HOW you say it!
How you say it, how you make that sales pitch, how you deliver that speech at
the annual conference or how you present an idea in the boardroom, means the
difference between success and failure; or at least between being mediocre and
It can mean the difference between boring your audience into a catatonic stupor
and keeping them awake; the difference between alienating your audience and
connecting with the audience; the difference between having absolutely no
impact on your audience (and really, how depressing is that?) and inspiring your
audience to action, whether it be an audience of 3 or 3|000.
Inspiring Ideas for Inspiring Presentations workshops offer practical tips
designed to help any level of speaker improve both their confidence and their
This engaging workshop is interactive, informative, and fun. Michael practices
what he preaches, so not only do you hear the information, you see it in practice|
which is why many of Michael’s clients have described this workshop as
workshop they have ever attended on any topic.
And yes, the workshop will even cover what you’re going to say, because truth
be told, it’s not just how you say it that matters, what you say has an impact too.
So you’ll learn tips and tricks and secrets from an experienced professional
speaker on how to plan your presentation, develop ideas, organize your ideas
and deliver your ideas more effectively than you ever have before.
I can't thank you enough. The impact you had is tremendous and people are much
happier in the workplace
For more information about this speaker:
Call toll-free on 1-866-727-7555
Or, email your request.