Talks about exponential technologies that are changing “everything,” and how business can thrive by adapting to them
Audiences learn to sense and synthesize future trends. Nancy provides a roadmap to those ready to build more relevant and sustainable solutions.
Singularity University guest lecturer, SXSW Panelist, Founder/CEO of Play Big Inc.
Past clients include: Nestle, Brinker International, The Coca Cola Company, Sprint, Acumen
About Nancy Giordano - Futurist, Corporate Strategist & Speaker:
Described as endlessly optimistic, Nancy Giordano is a strategic futurist and bestselling author with a drive to help enterprise organizations and visionary leaders transform to meet the escalating expectations ahead. Recognized as one of the world’s top female futurists, she has spent her career building, shaping and evolving a portfolio of $60+ billion worth of major global brands. Invited to give over 100 global keynote talks, and with growing conviction of what will (and needs to) shift, executives value her unique abilities to sense and synthesize the terrain ahead.
Her expertise and experiences range from A.I., to frozen foods, to reinventing the internet. All of her projects have a key common denominator: transitioning away from the extractive operating systems and outdated business thinking that no longer holds up, to creating the more sustainable, inclusive and dynamic solutions the future demands.
ADVISOR: With an early career at three of the top global advertising agencies and as founder of her own strategic inspiration company, Play Big Inc, Nancy has a rich history of advising and learning with some of the top companies in the world. In 2015 she helped shape an artificial intelligence start-up and later went on to build a leadership summit designed to encourage c-suite executives to explore seven of the most disruptive emergent technologies for business. Nancy has served on the board of retail trade association GMDC and is currently on the advisory council for Retail Tomorrow, Future Frontiers + Dollar Donation Club.
STRATEGIST: Two years ago, Nancy partnered with Austin-based artificial intelligence services company, Kungfu.AI. She is also working Riane Eisler to create a movement around Partnerism, a socio-economic system that is built on partnership versus the domination models of Capitalism and Socialism. And is helping advance two post-blockchain solutions poised to weave a more human internet : Holochain + Holo hosting.
GATHERER: A 10-year TEDx curator (and world’s first licensee), Nancy is a Singularity University guest lecturer, frequent panelist at South by Southwest (SXSW), creator of the first Career Fair For the Future event for college + high school students, co-Founder of the Femme Futurists Society (a collection of interviews with leading futurists around the world).
AUTHOR: Ranked #1 on Amazon for both Business Ethics and Organization Strategy, her first book, titled Leadering: The Ways Visionary Leaders Play Bigger, defines and makes visible the dynamic, inclusive and audacious mindset leaders must cultivate in order to stay relevant, help build a better next and shape the First Productivity Revolution (!PR)
What Nancy Giordano Talks About:
Just One Percent In: Preparing for the “First Productivity Revolution”.
When you speak with the visionaries, technologists and entrepreneurs building the solutions of tomorrow—from on-demand retail to remote surgery—and ask how far into this new era we are, almost universally the reply is: “only one percent”. For many that is exciting, but it can also be overwhelming. What will it mean for your organization? Insights include:
- Learning what’s on the horizon and the potential impacts.
- Moving beyond industrial era mindsets and reframing risk.
- What makes this moment especially potent.
- How to prepare when the future is an exponentially moving target.
- The evolution of societal scaffolding.
- Why purpose matters more than ever.
- How work processes are shifting and changing shape.
2030+ | The Beyond Economy + How We Can All Build at Better Next
We are standing at the front end of an astronomical shift in how the world will work. And change will happen fast, with some predicting more than fourteen internet size revolutions in the next decade. As we pull out of a once-in-a-lifetime crisis, both technological advances and mounting societal breakdowns are reshaping what comes next. Can you imagine where we’ll
be ten years from now? How about 50? What will happen when:
- We have increasing global abundance?
- Everything, everywhere is connected?
- Demonetization and democratization of legacy models accelerates?
- We have extended human longevity and health?
- Super intelligence with brain/computer interfaces is achieved?
- GDP is replaced with a more accurate measure of economic prosperity?
- We reprioritize for ecological regeneration and environmental
The Necessary Shift From Leadership to Leadering.
Adjusting to a post-COVID world as we advance into a transformative new era can be challenging, especially as structures and tactics put in place to reduce risk in the 20th Century, are now often the very things creating vulnerability in the 21st Century. This moment demands that we shift from thinking of leadership as static, hierarchical and focused on short-term growth, to embracing it as a dynamic, inclusive and constantly learning practice, in order to build long-term value. Key takeaways are:
- The set of new practices and approaches that 21st Century stewardship demands.
- How to embrace both change and complexity with greater confidence.
- Envisioning the future you want to build.
- Ditching the playbook and navigating with a compass instead.
- Why preparation not planning is key to future success.
- How to make peace with paradox.
- The necessity to rethink risk
- Change your mindset, change the world.
The New Org “Chart”.
Artificial Intelligence (Machine Learning) is about to hit the long anticipated exponential curve, radically shifting organizations. The next three years are critical to either becoming an AI-led organization—or risk being taken over as a subsidiary of one—which is why we must prepare
now to to make the most of the huge productivity leap coming towards us.
- How fast-growing advances in machine learning will revolutionize how business is done… in just the next three years
- The need to leverage extensive ecosystems as siloes collapse
- The new talent landscape
- Why trust is paramount as predictive data analysis provides unprecedented insights
- The responsibility of navigating the vast opportunities ahead with intention
- The very human side to tech productivity advances
The Forces Shaping The Enterprise Of The Future.
It’s not easy to let go of the playbook we’re all used to, but the future demands we let go of outdated “best practices” and instead learn to sense and respond in real time. Why? Simply put, there are several very big shifts happening simultaneously that are reshaping business and
society – that will require equally big shifts in how we respond – especially if we intend to remain relevant in the years ahead. These include:
- Radically escalating expectations for performance/delivery
- The calculus of exponential change
- The growing emphasis on stakeholders (vs only investors)
- The need for long-term versus short-term thinking
- Redressing systemic injustice and climate instability
- A fundamental shift in “talent”
The Future of Work and Working.
Culturally we’ve come to define work as a job we are paid to do. However, it is becoming clear that this is a very limiting definition that distorts our view of what the future really needs and expects ahead. As we imagine a world heavily influenced by exponential technologies, how will our experiences and roles shift? What are the issues and opportunities this will bring when we consider:
- Worker wellbeing
- How to attract the talent of the future
- Becoming an irresistible organization
- Scaling from a culture of efficiency to a culture of learning
- Four scenarios for the future of work
- The important distinction between the future of work and working
- What it means to be status fluid and why it’s so important
I want to say how much I enjoyed your session on Audacious Leadering at SXSW. It was a perfect moment of unexpected discovery as they say in the brochure! Your's was the talk that gave my SXSW experience it's intellectual centre of gravity. Many thanks.