About Sarah Aviram - Author, Keynote Speaker on Remote Work & Managing Change:
Sarah Aviram is a former Fortune 500 Human Resources and Talent Development leader. After working remotely from 12 countries in 12 months in 2019, researching the future of work, she published the best-selling book,"Remotivation: The Remote Worker's Ultimate Guide to Life-Changing Fulfillment". She was named one of the top 25 innovators of remote work in 2021 by the leading company in the space, Remote.
Sarah is an international keynote speaker and workshop facilitator for organizations globally on the topics of remote work, hybrid teams, and change reslience. She’s created and delivered leadership development programs and processes to over 50,000 people at the companies like Google, American Express, Bank of America, and her alma mater, New York University Stern School of Business.
What Sarah Aviram talks about:
Get Remotivated: How to optimize your performance and fulfillment.
With new hybrid working models on the horizon, small tweaks to your mindset and how you approach your work could make a big difference in helping you feel more fulfilled and performing at your best at work – no matter where you’re located.
In this workshop, Sarah shares how to minimize obstacles and optimize opportunities to create more impact, joy, and growth in your career.
- Learn the 6 key motivators that are impacting your levels of fulfillment and performance at work
- Ways to manage the challenges of hybrid working models
- How to start instantly doing more work you enjoy by doing an “energy assessment”
- Understand how to apply the 70/20/10 principle to develop new skills
- Get the context you need to understand the value your work provides
Hybrid Hacks: How leaders can design a successful hybrid work model.
While hybrid working models certainly have their benefits, they’re not without organizational challenges. Organizations that take extra precaution to prioritize equality and location-irrelevancy into their future workplace strategy will create a more engaged, committed, and higher performing workforce.
In this workshop, Sarah Aviam facilitates a discussion with senior leaders to help them gain alignment on policies, strategies, and expectations that will help create hybrid team success.
- Outline a Workplace Strategy – Which type of work environment should be used for which types of tasks?
- Equalize Employee Experience – How will we update employment benefits or perks to be mutually beneficial for both on-site and off-site workers?
- Provide Workforce Training – How will we measure performance equally and fairly between workers in a variety of locations and time zones?
- Make Information Accessible – How will we create clear and consistent communication channels to effectively convey updates in policy terms, training resources, and FAQ’s?
- Mutually Agree to Terms and Expectations – How will we give the workforce a voice via focus groups or surveys in the creation and enforcement of hybrid work policies.
Managing Change: How to gain clarity and take action during uncertain times.
When the only constant thing in life is change, why is it still so challenging for us to manage it? When we think of change management, we think of a robust strategy to regulate the impact of large-scale organizational changes. Yet we, as individuals, when we’re dealing with our own version of massive change, try to manage it by ourselves without a plan or support system in place.
In this workshop, Sarah shows how we can take complex change management practices typically used for organizational change, simplify them, and practically apply them to ourselves to influence our desired outcomes and reduce uncertainty. You’ll learn how to approach changes in your work and life with the structure and support that you deserve.
- Learn about the importance of managing change
- Understand the three most significant reasons why people struggle with change
- Get strategies on how to manage your own resistance to change
- Identify how to support others during times of change
- Create a change management action plan
Work Styles: How different ways of working impact individual and team performance.
Each of us has a preferred way of acting, thinking and making decisions. And these preferences may be expressed differently amongst members of virtual and distributed teams. When you understand your behavioral style, you can use this information to lean into your strengths and become an invaluable member of your team.
In this workshop, Sarah shares how having knowledge of your own work style, as well as that of your team members, helps you to increase your performance, build better relationships, and work more collaboratively in diverse teams.
- Identify your own work style through an assessment
- Recognize the behaviors of the four different styles and how others view them
- Understand why some relationships are more productive than others
- Support the style needs of your manager, direct reports, and other co-workers
- Learn to “flex” your style for improved communication and relationships with others
"Sarah Aviram led an engaging and interactive session for dozens of our remote and hybrid employees. She provided concrete actions participants could take to manage this time of uncertainty and remotivate themselves at work. Based on our survey, 100% of participants said they were likely or very likely to apply the principles discussed and 100% were likely or very likely to recommend the session. I look forward to bringing Sarah back soon to inspire more of our employees!"