About Libby Gill - Leadership and Employee Engagement Speaker, Brand Strategist and Author:
Libby Gill knows change. She grew up on two continents and went to eight different schools before putting herself through college waiting tables. She started her first job in entertainment only to go through three mergers in five years, where she went from assistant in a small production company to vice president of publicity, advertising and promotion for Sony’s worldwide television group.
After heading communications at media giants Universal, Sony and Turner Broadcasting, Libby left the corporate world after nearly twenty years to become an entrepreneur. In her mid-forties when many people are slowing down, Libby founded Libby Gill & Company, an executive coaching and leadership consulting firm based in Los Angeles.
Libby now guides clients - including Avery Dennison, CA Technologies, Cisco, Comcast, Deloitte, Disney, Eli Lilly, First American Insurance, Honda, Intel, Kellogg’s, Microsoft, Oracle, PayPal, Royal Caribbean, Speedo, Sutter Health, Viacom, Warner Bros., and Wells Fargo - to lead their teams through change, challenge, and chaos.
Contrary to conventional wisdom, Libby shows high-performing individuals and organizations why hope IS a strategy - if you have the right mindset, methodology and expertise. She shares the science-based concepts of hope theory to provide the structured business discipline and competitive advantage you need in today’s swiftly changing world. In her executive coaching, leadership consulting, and keynote presentations, Libby guides you to:
- Reframe change as your biggest growth opportunity
- Re-energize your best performers to reach their potential
- Re-invent your company culture to embrace ambiguity
As Libby was reinventing her professional life, her personal life also underwent a major transition. She chronicled her journey of overcoming the self-perceived limitations left behind by a family legacy of alcoholism, divorce, mental illness and suicide in her bestselling book Traveling Hopefully: How to Lose Your Family Baggage and Jumpstart Your Life.
Business leaders including Zappos.com CEO Tony Hsieh and Dr. Ken Blanchard have endorsed Libby’s award-winning book, You Unstuck: Mastering the New Rules of Risk-Taking in Work and Life. Her latest book, The Hope-Driven Leader: Harness the Power of Positivity at Work (Spring, 2018).
A frequent media guest, Libby has shared her success strategies on CNN, NPR, the Today Show, and in BusinessWeek, Time, The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and more. A former columnist for the Dallas Morning News, Libby lives in Los Angeles and is the proud mother of two fabulous millennials, one in graduate school and one in college.
What Libby Gill Talks About:
- Discover the 4 traits that followers crave from their leaders
- Master Libby's proven CSE Process to "Clarify the vision, Simplify the path, and Execute the plan” with bold risk-taking and flawless follow-through
- Learn the Language of Leadership - regardless of professional level - to influence and inspire others even in times of chaos
Participants in Libby’s interactive presentations will:
- Reframe change – no matter how anxiety-provoking – as an opportunity for growth
- Blast through fear and resistance to regain your competitive edge
- Experience a rousing call-to-action that will get participants taking risks right in the room that very same day
Sooner or later, every individual and organization gets stuck. It’s just part of the human condition. But you don’t have to make stuck your normal state!
With an emphasis on linking beliefs to behaviors, Libby connects the dots between personal accountability and organizational success. She helps you understand why you might be getting in the way of your own success and what you can do to change that pattern forever.
Your group will receive timely takeaways to:
- Set the tone for learning before the event by having participants take the YourCareerQuiz.com assessment to see what's working and what's not in their careers
- Discover 5 Reasons We Resist Change and how to overcome them
- Identify and overturn your personal and organizational excuse-making behavior - the Immediate Negative Response - and replace it with bold action
Libby guides emerging and established women leaders through workplace challenges including career advancement, gender bias, visibility and exposure, leveraging connections, and work/life balance. With intelligence and humor, she shares an inspirational blend of leadership strategies and hard-won secrets to success.
Having addressed women’s forums including EY, Honda, Intel, Kellogg’s, Medtronic, and many more, Libby provides specific and applicable ideas to help women “lift as they climb,” supporting other women as they climb the corporate or entrepreneurial ladder.
Participants will discover how to:
- Craft a Credibility Booster that establishes immediate rapport and connection
- Tap into uniquely female strengths by identifying your Leadership Superpower
- Create a Powerful Executive Presence and stop unconscious bias in its tracks
Libby’s message of action and accountability was strong, impassioned and clear. Her interactive presentation struck a deep chord and really helped set the tone for our event.
For more information about this speaker:
Call toll-free on 1-866-727-7555
Or, email your request.