About Sam Richter - Keynote Speaker, Expert on Sales Intelligence, Best-selling Author:
Sam Richter is an internationally recognized expert on digital information and is considered the father of modern-day Sales Intelligence. His award-winning experience includes building innovative programs for start-up companies and some of the world's most famous brands.
Sam is Founder and CEO of SBR Worldwide/Know More. Through his in-person keynote presentations and online programs, Sam has trained leading organizations and entertained tens of thousands of persons around the world. Sam’s programs promise to be the highest-content, most take-home-value presentations attendees have ever experienced.
He is the author of the best-selling book, Take the Cold Out of Cold Calling, considered the preeminent publication on finding information online and using it for sales success. Take the Cold was named "Sales Book of the Year" by the American Association of Inside Sales Professionals, and it was also named a "USA Book News Winner" and a "Sales Book Awards Silver Medalist."
In addition to speaking and writing, Sam has developed numerous technologies including the world's top prospecting/sales meeting preparation resource, the Sales Intel Engine; the world's top news search engine, YouGotTheNews; a Blog search engine; and the Facebook search engine, YouGotSocial. Sam partnered with Mark Hunter - the Sales Hunter - to create the Know More University, an online-learning platform and sales-success training program used by thousands of sales executives at some of the world's leading organizations.
Sam is a partner at Contata Solutions, a big-data/machine learning firm that produces sales, marketing, and business intelligence software. He also serves on the Boards of Directors for Brandpoint, one of the world's leading content management platforms, and Argos Risk, a business financial health and credit monitoring software platform.
Multiple times Sam was named by InsideView as one of the Top 25 Most Influential People in Sales, and he was also named as one of the Top Chief Marketing Officers on Twitter and he has been recognized by LinkedIn as having one of the world's most viewed profiles. Sam has been featured in thousands of television and radio programs and national and online publications.
For more than six years, Sam was president of the James J. Hill Center, a not-for-profit business library, where he led the transformation of an eighty-five-year-old private, non-profit business research organization into a nationally renowned institution serving entrepreneurs and small businesses via cutting edge online resources. Sam also spent more than eighteen years in the advertising, public relations, and e-commerce/e-marketing industry owning his own firm and working for internationally recognized organizations as a creative director, group director, and marketing director. Sam has led product launch and strategic marketing programs for companies including Microsoft, Coca-Cola, Major League Baseball, Polaris Industries, and National Geographic.
He has won regional, national and international awards including Best of Show and Gold Awards at numerous sales and marketing competitions, Webby Awards, and a Gold Award at the International Film Festival. He's also won a Retail Vision Award and a Codie Award - "the "Oscars" of the software industry" - for Best E-commerce Software. He is a member of the Business Journal's "Forty Under 40" and a past finalist for Inc. Magazine's Entrepreneur of the Year. The National Speakers Association honored Sam with its CSP Designation, reserved for the top 10 percent of the world's professional speakers, and he is also a member of the Minnesota Speakers Hall of Fame.
Sam received his B.A. from the University of Minnesota School of Journalism and Mass Communication and was twice named Scholastic All-American while also a four-year player and a letter winner on the University of Minnesota varsity football team. His postgraduate education includes certificate degrees in Executive Leadership from the University of St. Thomas, and in Corporate Boards of Director Ethical Leadership from Saint Mary's University.
Sam lives in Minnetonka, Minnesota with his wife and two children, and he enjoys volunteering his time working with non-profit organizations and mentoring individuals in his community.
What Sam Richter Talks About:
Get the Meeting No One Else Can: Intel Secrets to Find the Right Person, at the Right Time, with the Right Message
In today’s world, it’s no longer enough to be interesting. To succeed in sales, you must be interested. What’s important to the other person? How can you hyper-personalize your message so it gets noticed? When you know more, you’ll find the right opportunities, at the right time, with the right message to get meetings with decision makers that others only dream about. In this dynamic program, you will discover…
- A mathematically proven formula for revenue growth that reveals your best prospect companies, decision makers, contact information, and ways to connect that generates positive responses.
- Jaw-dropping tactics for finding online information in ways that 99% never thought possible, using the tools you already use every day (and some new ones you never knew existed – all free!).
- Techniques to identify opportunities using sales trigger events and powerful introductions, so you’re calling on the prospects who most likely need your product or solution, right now.
- How to leverage information and put the “R” – Relationships – back into CRM to get past gatekeepers, make a great impression, and gain permission to ask challenging questions.
Attendees receive custom Intel Resources making it easy to implement what was learned.
Each program is customized using your real-world prospects as examples. This high energy, motivating, jaw-dropping, incredibly high-content presentation delivers practical, proven strategies, tactics and resources you will immediately use to dramatically improve sales performance.
Get the Meeting Part II (Advanced): Even More Web Search Secrets for Finding Sales Opportunities and Getting Meetings with Decision Makers
In the Part I, you learned sales intelligence strategies and tactics to find more opportunities and get meetings with decision makers most never dreamed possible. In this perfect workshop complement, you’ll discover best practices for advanced intel gathering and communication including…
- Advanced web search secrets (that most pros don’t even know) for finding existing lead lists, membership directories, competitor proposals, price lists, past and current RFPs, and more.
- Best practice techniques for leveraging information and effective prospecting via email, social media / LinkedIn, and live sales calls (includes the best-practice script library).
- Intel tactics and resources that reveal hidden information – in legal and ethical ways – that help you discover more opportunities and ways to increase your credibility and value.
- Ways to use the custom Intel Resources that all attendees receive to find the right prospects, at the right time, and ensure relevancy in every sales call (taught through a live, interactive demo).
When you know more about your prospects and clients, their issues, their goals, their industries, and their (and your) competitors, you gain the edge in every sales call, every meeting, every proposal, and every negotiation – every time.
NOTE: Recommended for a post-keynote workshop live at a conference, or virtually as a follow-up.
Every YES Begins With a KNOW: Intel Secrets to Building Strong Relationships Based on Care Abouts
Whether it’s a new customer, employee, supplier, board member, or funder, people do business with people who they like and trust. How strong could your relationships be if you understood others better? What relevant experiences and stories can you share? People are amazingly passionate about themselves and what they care about. In this program you will discover…
- Jaw-dropping techniques for uncovering information that provides insight into the other person’s motivations, so the first words in every communication is what is important to them.
- Tips and tricks for using online information as business and relationship “intelligence agents” – learn more about the other person and what they care about so in every interaction, you’re building a meaningful and authentic connection (without seeming like a stalker).
- How to access and leverage the “Hidden Web” – the majority of the valuable online information that is invisible to search engines – so you will impress in every meeting, every time.
- How to use information to differentiate from others, generate warm introductions, tailor offerings, and build strong and more meaningful business relationships.
It doesn’t matter if you have limited technical ability or if you grew up using the Internet, you will leave with new ideas that you and your team will immediately put to use. This high energy, motivating, incredibly high content presentation features attendee’s real prospects and clients as examples and has a huge “WOW” factor – you will be shocked at what you don’t know (but soon will).
Don’t Steal the Cheesecake: Is Your Digital Footprint Costing You Business Opportunities and Meetings?
In today’s “everything is online” world, people pass judgement and form opinions about you before ever even meeting. What you post online, text, leave as a voicemail, say or do in front of a public camera, and even email is not limited to private networks. Rather, there’s a good chance that what you do in a digital format is public, searchable, and archived, FOREVER! Meaning everything you do online impacts your personal brand, and even your company brand. In “Don’t Steal the Cheesecake” you will discover…
- The difference between your character, reputation, personal brand, and company brand, how they are all intertwined, and how they impact your career, relationships, and your company.
- The dangers of sharing too much information, what can happen if you’re not careful, and how to respond in a digital format when you’re angry, so you don’t become a negative “Viral Sensation.”
- The “Five Laws of Digital Reputation Management” along with simple, common sense ideas that will align your character and reputation, ensuring consistency across your personal brand.
- Inside secrets on how to manage your digital presence (for non-technical people) so when others search for information on you, there is some control on what they find.
This thought provoking, super entertaining, and somewhat scary program features actual attendees as examples (in positive ways) and will provide you with very practical and easy-to-implement strategies that will help you avoid personal and company embarrassment, manage your reputation, and enhance your personal brand.
Is Your Business Consultant Some Yahoo Named Google? Get the Right Information, the First Time, Every Time
On average, each person in your office spends two+ hours each day looking for information? At an opportunity cost of $50 per hour, that’s almost $20,000 per year per employee wasted. How valuable would it be if you and your team could cut searching time in half? How effective would your plans, strategies, and even relationships be if you had the right information, the first time, every time? In this dynamic presentation, you will discover…
- Web search secrets that you never thought possible for finding industry information, company data, market opportunities, and even details about individuals.
- How to use search engines in ways that 99% of the planet has no clue how to do – tips and tricks that will even work while searching for emails and files on your computer.
- The “Invisible Web” – the 95% of the business Internet not easily found via search engines that holds a wealth of incredible information including free access to expensive subscription databases.
- Techniques for using online information to build strong business relationships, have the upper hand in negotiations, generate powerful introductions, and grow your business.
Whether you’re someone with advanced computer skills or someone who is intimidated by technology, you will be shocked (and maybe even a bit scared) at what’s available online, and how easy it is to access. This incredibly high-energy, visually immersive, features actual attendees as examples (in positive ways) and super-entertaining stories has immediate take-home value and is certain to be the talk of any conference or meeting.
You Just “Friended” a Thief : Simple Ways to Protect Your Data, Your Client’s Data, and Ultimately Your Business
It’s amazing the amount of information available about people and companies that can be found online and in an office. Unfortunately, what you share in a digital format and on paper can, and oftentimes will, be used against you. It’s shocking how vulnerable we all are to Personal Identity Theft and Business Identity Theft – in ways you might not think about. In this jaw-dropping presentation, you will discover…
- How to find the information that is available about you, your family, and your business that others have shared in a digital format, and what you can do to protect yourself.
- How the seemingly innocent information that you post online could be providing thieves with an open door into your bank account.
- How the biggest risk to your and your clients’ data is probably not an online hacker, rather, it’s most likely sitting in your office right now.
- Easy-to-implement, non-technical ways to protect yourself, your family, and your business from identity theft.
This eye-opening, high-energy, entertaining program features actual attendees as examples (in positive ways) and will have your audience talking, thinking, and thanking themselves (and you!) that they attended the conference.
Sam got to know us, our culture, and he truly walked in an Express Sales reps’ shoes. You literally took us all on an emotional journey with your presentation style ... laughing one moment and tears in our eyes the next. Sam Richter and his programs were a HUGE hit!"