Making the Speaking Business More Customer Focused

5 Sales Tips to Thrive in 2021

How has your organization adapted to a new sales strategy for 2021? What can you do to harness the uncertainty of the last year and move forward with success?

Our Sales Speakers have used their knowledge to adapt and create actionable and engaging presentations on how organizations can pivot to embrace the opportunities presented by the pandemic.

Ranging from Virtual Keynotes to Fireside chats, all with interactive elements, let our Sales Speakers help your 2021 Sales Conference.

We work with some of the best Sales Speakers in the speaking world and asked them all the same question:

What is your number 1 sales tip? 

Here’s how they answered:

  1. Say Yes to Misfortune – Scott McKain

scott mckain customer speaker 300x180 - 5 Sales Tips to Thrive in 2021

Saying “yes” implies a course of positive action. The predictable expletive, “No!” can fill up our time and energy because saying “no” is
frequently a commitment to an unproductive struggle that reinforces helplessness and inertia.

Responding positively to problems is the prerequisite to overcoming bad things that occur so we can break down our challenges and move forward.

People thrive on challenges, and are the winners who get things done.

Scott McKain is a Dynamic Speaker on Innovation, Sales & Customer Service.

 

2. The 80/20 Rule – Tim Sanders

tim sanders leadership speaker 300x180 - 5 Sales Tips to Thrive in 2021

Some great advice we received from Tim Sanders, VP of Customer Insights for Upwork just after starting The Sweeney Agency:

“Don’t think about sales or closing deals, just position yourself so that whenever you can help someone you help them, without any expectations. 20% of the people you help you’ll never hear from again, but that won’t matter because you will certainly hear back from the other 80%. They will remember you and your incredible help and that will create such great relationships
that you will build both a great business and a great life.”

Tim Sanders is a renowned Communication and Leadership Speaker.

 

3. A Vision of the Future – Ryan Estis

ryan estis communication speaker 300x180 - 5 Sales Tips to Thrive in 2021

Communicating compassionately, consistently, confidently and courageously is precisely what is required during a crisis. Our research has found that two of the biggest drivers of engagement and commitment from employees are confidence in their senior leadership and confidence in the future of the
organization.

Now is the time to model scenarios to create a long-term plan and vision for your business, fully aware that you will be agile enough to adapt when new information is available or the landscape suddenly changes.

Ryan Estis speaks on Business Performance, Leadership and Sales.

 

4. Be Indiana Jones – Sterling Hawkins

sterling hawkins innovation speaker 300x180 - 5 Sales Tips to Thrive in 2021

At the climax of Indiana Jones & The Holy Grail, the Nazis are turned to dust after selected a gem studded chalice they believe to be the Holy Grail. Indy chooses a simple wooden cup that is in fact the true Holy Grail.

In the context of business, most of us scramble to have the “right” message on social media or want to make things look a certain way. The same optics that make the false grail so beautiful.

This is a powerful lesson: the substance of something, is ultimately infinitely more important than what it looks like. Optics may present a short term gain but will always lose in the long run and at a macro level.

Sterling Hawkins is a leading speaker on Breakthrough Innovation, Tech Entrepreneur and Leadership Expert.

 

5. Ask Open-Ended Questions – Diana Kander

diana kander innovation speaker 300x180 - 5 Sales Tips to Thrive in 2021

Your customers’ natural inclination is to be nice, not honest. Open-ended questions give your potential customers the option to respond very honestly and to fully explain the problems they’re
facing (that your product may or may not solve).

Ask leading questions that broadcast the answer you want to hear, such as:

  • “Are you…”
  • “Will you…”
  • “Won’t you…”
  • “Didn’t you…”
  • “Can’t you…”

Diana Kander is an Entrepreneur, Author, and Speaker on Innovation.

Get in touch to book your next great sales speaker.

OUR BEST SPEAKERS,
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

Reignite your organization & yourself with brilliant tips & insights from our best speakers across a huge range of topics.

    Thank you for joining us!

    Looking for some speaker ideas right now?
    Click here to receive your Customized List of Speaker Ideas.

    Thank you for joining us!

    Looking for some speaker ideas right now?
    Click here to receive your Customized List of Speaker Ideas.